Questions And Confessions

Cheers erupted throughout the club, Resting Bitchface and Galactic Cannibalism both partying as though it were 1999. Finally, after six long months, the tour was over. It was close to Halloween, and some people chose to dress up. In the next twenty-four hours, everyone would be back home, living their old lives before the tour.

Blue was unable to celebrate, as from the moment they stepped foot into the club, they had kneeled in front of a toilet and vomited. They had been eating plenty of junk food, craving the little things. Blue assumed they were merely drunk, as they had been drinking since the beginning of their set, but the normal side effects weren't the ones they were receiving. Something was different.

Flushing the toilet, Blue stood up when they felt emptied. Walking up to the sink, they washed their hands and rinsed out their mouth. Exhaling, they grabbed their jacket and exited the bathroom, heading straight for the door.

Standing out in the back lot, Blue sat on the curb and began to panic. They knew they had sex with Andrew the moment he was released from the hospital, and the two avoided a condom due to sheer excitement. Blue had a feeling they were pregnant, but they didn't want to think about that being a possibility. The idea of raising a kid so soon was no the way to celebrate the end of the tour.

"I thought that was you."

Blue spun around and groaned as they watched Jared approach them and sit beside them on the curb.

"Again?"

"I'm here celebrating an old friend's birthday. I left in hopes of not running into you or your band." He was silent. "I am glad I got to see you."

"Why?"

"I want to apologize."

Blue stared at him, quirking an eyebrow. "Go on."

He laughed. "I was rude when we met last time. I shouldn't have been trying to touch you and act like the good guy. I am happy for you and my brother. You take care of him and make him happy, and I understand that."

"Apology accepted," Blue said dryly.

"Umm," he mumbled and began to wring his hands together. "I also wanted to thank you."

"Thank me?"

"Please, I don't do this often, so don't say anything."

Great way to apologize, Blue thought.

"I quit my job at my father's company."

Blue jerked their head to face him. They wanted to comment, but they didn't want to discourage him from continuing.

"I'm going to start my own architectural company. It may be difficult, you know, since my dad may try to do whatever he can to stop me, but I'm branching out from my current company. I have wanted to be an architect ever since I was a child, and I'm going to pursue it for real now. I'm not going to let my dad be what holds me back." He looked at Blue and smiled. "Thanks for inspiring me to do so."

"Of course," they nodded. "I'm happy for you."

"And ever since I quit, I've honestly been happier than I ever have been in my life. I finally understand why Andrew left, and I know now I'm not actually in love with you."

Blue didn't know what to say. "Oh?"

He nodded. "If you made my brother happy by being in love with you, I figured the same would work for me. As happy as you made me on the subway, I knew there would never be anything but a potential friendship, and I'm sorry I tried to force my love on you. You didn't want it, and neither did I."