My Boy

Once we get home, I open my apartment and search for Hanji. She's sitting in the living room, playing her video game like Levi said she'd probably be doing.
She doesn't even notice us when we walk in. Well, good. I can grab the rings without any suspicion, I think to myself.
Making my way to my room, with Levi following me, I grab the bag from the closet. When I get the three boxes out and somehow hold them all behind my back, I make my exit.
"Ohhh, Haannjiiii!"
"Huh?" She asks in an annoyed tone. Must be the game.
"Hanji, pause that game right now." Levi snaps.
She does as she's told and slowly turns to us. Her eyes stay on me as I walk to her, then stop when I'm where I need to be.
Getting on one knee, I pull out all three rings and Levi opens them up for me, as planned. She gasps and her mouth gapes open.
"Hanji," I say, trying not to laugh. "Will you be my lawfully fake-wedded bestie?"
Hanji gets up and squeals, doing a little dance while she's at it. I smile at her and she tells me, "Of course!" and sticks out her ring finger for me to slip the rings on.
"Oh, jeez, Y/N," she starts, "I love them!" Laughing, she pulls me into a hug. "You're the bestest friend I could've ever asked for,"
With that, she gives me a lil sMoOcH on my face, which makes me slightly blush. Frick. Levi, don't look.
O, he was looking, alright.
I'm actually dead.
Luckily Hanji helps me up from the floor and I glance at Levi, shrugging at him. I didn't know she was gonna do that!! My attempt to telepathically converse with him was for naught.
He tsks and mutters a "happy birthday" to Hanji before leaving the apartment.
"O, yeah!" I exclaim to her. "Happy Birthday!"
She's too busy admiring and inspecting the rings to notice me say this. "OooOoOoh!" Her crazy voice kicks in. "IS THIS REAL SILVER?!" Blushing, she tells me, "I mUsT find out!"
And then she's off. To where, I don't know. That's Hanji for ya.

————time skip————

       The whole gang comes over soon after Hanji runs away to see how everything went. I tell them in detail what happened and when I get to the sMoOcH part, everyone gasps and goes silent.
       "Oh no, Y/N," Sasha basically cowers in fear.
       "You're telling me Levi was there?" Jean shouts.
       Eren joins in with a, "You're dead," before getting slapped by Mikasa, who remarks to me, "If he doesn't get the bond you share with Hanji then let him sulk," her voice is full of irritation. I don't think she much cares for Levi.
       Armin nods at this. "I'm sure he was being his same extra self like usual,"
       Then I jump in. "Exactly," I tell them. "There's nothing to worry about,"
       I don't get why half of my friends are so slow sometimes. It always puzzles me, but I love them nonetheless.
       "Make sure you tell her happy birthday when you get the chance." I remind them, and they nod at me.

———————————————————
534 words

(A/N: I'll be more busy than usual today so don't expect a second chapter, but that doesn't mean I won't try my best to get another one out)