They Grow Up So Fast

It's the big day. Hanji's birthday! Eeeeek I'm so excited. She'd better love her gift. Well, gifts.
Since we've only recently been dismissed from school, I join Levi on our to his car. He took me today. His offer.
We got to school pretty late this morning.

Um, and that was my fault. I forgot my hoodie so I freaked out and told Levi about it. He wasn't happy.
Anyway, because we got here late, he had to park pretty far away from the building, so we have a longer walk today.
       We're quiet as we leave the building together. Whispers are heard around us as people try to figure out what we are to each other. O, yeah. Levi's kind of a big deal in this school. He's the #1 student when it comes to the rankings. He is, that I know of, the most popular person there.
       Out of nowhere, a hand intertwines with mine. I look down to see that it's Levi's, which makes me blush. I guess he wants to make a statement? I think up reasons why he's doing this in public.
       When we're a bit father away, Levi speaks up. "Oi, brat. We need to get home quickly so that Hanji doesn't find the rings."
       Biting my lip, I think about how she tends to snoop about and this gets me a bit worried. Levi takes notice and he flicks my head with his free hand. "It'll be fine. I bet she's busy with that stupid game."
Well I personally don't believe that "that stupid game" is stupid. But whatever. "Yeah," I agree with him so we didn't possibly get into a petty argument.
       When we're about halfway there, I speak up. "Levi, why'd you hold my hand in front of everyone?"
"Tch. You're mine. I was simply letting them know that."
       This makes my face burn. I turn away so that he doesn't see my face but he knows me well enough to know that I'm blushing.
Without even realizing it, we're at his car. He lets go of my hand and hops into the driver's seat. Wow my man doesn't even hold the door open for me.

Kidding. I don't care about that stuff.

All by myself, I open the passenger door and get in. Wow crazy, I know it.
Once I buckle up, Levi looks at me. This begins to concern me when he doesn't say anything after a solid ten seconds of staring.
His mouth opens to ask, "What does the future look like for you?"
My eyes narrow in slight annoyance. "How am I supposed to know that?"
Sighing, Levi rolls his eyes. "Whatever, brat," he starts the car and backs up.
The car ride is silent, apart from a sneeze. It isn't mine, so when I hear it, I'm actually scared. I've never heard him sneeze. "Bless you," I tell him after a few seconds.
       He tsks and we continue to head home. Nothing really goes through my mind during the ride. Besides what Levi's intentions are.

——————————————————
509 words