Hurt Me

Previously
He looks at me for a moment. Something changes in his eyes and I see the distance between us get smaller and smaller. I've been leaning in without knowing it. And then...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
       Everything blurs by. Nothing seems real in this moment. Is this really going to happen?
A great amount of force hits me and lands on me. Levi gets out of the way just in time, but I'm left fending for myself underwater.
I quickly try to swim to an edge of the pool. When I surface, I see that Hanji was the one who landed on me. Eren and Armin are hooting in joy. Armin's sitting on top of Eren's shoulders. They must've been playing Chicken. Their laughter stops once they notice me.
My (h/c) hair is now a wet mess, a noticeable bruise is starting to form on my left shoulder, and my top piece is barely on me. I attempt to tie it back again but can't manage to wade at the same time, so I just cling to the edge with one hand while keeping the other hand firmly on my top.
Everyone's so quiet. They're looking at me in shock. If my face wasn't red before, it definitely is now. I can feel my face burning. This is so embarrassing. Of course this would happen to me.
Hanji comes over and looks me in the eyes, apologizing profusely. I wish I could honestly say that I forgive her and that everything's okay, but that's just not true. She hurt me, figuratively and literally. This might take a hot minute to recover from.
       I don't want to be near any of them. They've ruined a perfect moment and I can never get that back. It's almost as if they do it on purpose. I don't believe that's true, though.
       All I can muster is an upset expression. I can only hope that Hanji gets the memo. She sighs and moves away from me.
       Up until now, I've completely forgotten about Levi. He swims over to me and leads me to the shallow end, where he ties my top piece. I blush, but I'm relieved that he's not feeling super awkward after what just happened.
"Come on," he whispers to me and leads me up the steps of the pool. To everyone else, however, he announces, "Y/N is gonna stay with me for the rest of the day."
       Holding two towels for him and me, he holds my hand and walks us out. I sigh behind him as he leads me.
       Once we're out of sight from the others, he moves to walk beside me. "Are you okay?" He asks while inspecting the bruise on my left shoulder.
       My feelings are so numb right now that the physical pain doesn't even phase me. "Yes," I mutter.
       He sighs and looks forward. "I'm sorry, Y/N,"
       The warmth of his hand is the only thing I can feel. "It's fine."
       "Stop lying," he begins, "to both yourself and to me,"
       "Sorry, Levi. It's just I don't know right now."
       A breeze picks up as we get closer to our apartment building. Some leaves pass by on the concrete and I wonder what to do after this.
       My comment confuses him. "What do you mean, you don't know? What don't you know?"
       The anger comes back and I suddenly let it out on him, "You, Levi! I don't know you," I half-shout. "You act indifferent towards me one day and then want to kiss me the next. What do I even mean to you?" He lets go of my hand and faces me.
       "I don't know, Y/N," he sighs and looks to the side. "You're someone I care about. I just don't talk about my feelings,"
       With this, he hands me a towel and I wrap it around myself once sudden cold hits me.
       "Look at me," I tell him. He does so. "I think I like you. You're completely rude at times, but you have a soft spot. Surely you know why it's been showing more often, right?"
       He sets his towel over his shoulders. "Tch. You mean a lot to me, okay, brat?" Something like uncertainty flashes in his eyes. "But I don't want to get hurt again."
       "Levi, I won't do that, I promise you," I try to convince him.
       He runs his hands through his hair. "Let's talk about this later." The conversation is immediately dismissed after that, and we walk up to his apartment in silence.

———————————————————
758 words
(A/N: sorry if this seems kinda OOC for Levi. I'm trying)