Engagement

"Tomorrow is Hanji's birthday, guys," I tell the gang. Eren, Mikasa, Armin, Sasha, Jean, and Connie are here. Hanji insisted on taking Levi to a club, leaving us here. I don't know how I feel about that.
"Do you think they're having a good time right now?" Connie asks me, chuckling.
       I clasp my hands together. "Hanji is. I don't know about Levi, though," I grin at him.
Armin awkwardly scratches the back of his head. Poor lad. "Um," he bites his lip nervously.
My rude butt cuts him off with, "O, c'mon, Armin!" I raise an eyebrow at him. "Loosen up,"
       He blinks twice and nods at me, his eyebrows in slants. "You're right, sorry,"
       I'm standing in front of everyone right now. Sasha, Jean, and Connie are sitting on the couch closest to me, while Mikasa, Armin, and Eren sit on the one vertical to me.
O, I guess I can't take Hanji to a club now, I realize. Oops.
       "What should we do though?" Jean looks at me.
"Hmmm," I place my hand beneath my chin and think. Everyone's gaze is on me and I look back with a blank face. "What?" They keep staring. "I can't come up with everything, you know," I tell them.
Mikasa joins the conversation. "Guys, she's right," she starts. "We should try to think of some things,"
I nod at Mikasa to show my gratitude. Then I get to thinking once more. Hmm maybe I could do something amusingly stupid.
My eyes widen as an idea pops into my head. My friends notice and their faces light up. "What is it?" Eren basically jumps out of his seat.
I grin as I say this: "I'm thinking about getting her an engagement ring."
Everyone stares at me with their mouths gaping open. "A-Are you serious, Y/N?" Sasha asks me in her shrilly voice.
Connie looks concerned. "Yeah, what about Levi?"
Rolling my eyes, I listen to what Eren has to say. "Would he be happy about that?"
I laugh at them and shake my head. "You guys," I explain, "it's gonna be as a joke."
All of their faces change to ones of relief and amusement. "Ohhh," they say in unison.
Mikasa was breaking a sweat. "That makes more sense," she giggles a bit.
Glancing over at Armin, I notice that he has a more serious expression on his face. "Armin, what's up?" I ask.
Looking up at me, he states, "Where's the money for the ring coming from?"
Yeah, I actually facepalmed myself right then and there. Ughhh he's right.
After thinking that, I collect myself and reassure them, "I'll figure something out, fam," I add with a smile, "Promise."
The gang nod their heads. They look very proud and excited. Ever since they've been hanging out with Hanji, they've gotten closer to her and care a lot about her. I find it sweet.
       "But what kind of friend buys their bestie an engagement ring?" How Dare Jean question my motives.
       I glare at him and call him horse-face, and this gets him angry, but he knows not to do anything. "Hmph!" My sass is very much there. Sasha giggles.

———————————————————
532 words