My Favorite Part

If Hanji ships us two together so much, why is she ruining our moments? I annoyingly think to myself. Levi sits beside me on the couch. I realize I'm still in my bathing suit and I start blushing.
"Tch. Why're you blushing, brat?" He asks as I hold the towel closer to me.
       "Did you know that short people, specifically short guys, are more likely to die from cancer?" My expression is one of steel.
       This fools him. Levi's face changes to one of concern. "What?"
       I smile and playfully hit him on the shoulder. "Idiot! I was kidding."
       He sits there for a moment. Then attempts to fake laugh, "Oh, ha ha,"
       "You're not too great at this acting thing," I say disappointedly.
       This makes him scowl. "I'm better than you'll ever be, peasant," with that, he ruffles my hair, saying, "Go take a shower,"
        What? "But my things are in my apartme—" Levi cuts me off.
       "I'll get them for you. Just go ahead and get the shower ready,"
       I nod uncertainly. "Okay."
       When we both get up, I move around the coffee table and make my way to his bathroom, loosening the towel around me every step until it's eventually in my hands. By the time that happens, I'm already standing at the foot of the shower. I turn it on and close the shower door while I wait for Levi to get back.
It's not long before I hear, "Oi! Are your clothes on or off?"
Wtf?
Grinning, I reply, "On!"
Footsteps are heard outside of the bathroom door, which I left cracked. He slowly opens it and in his hands are my shampoo, conditioner, and clothes. But he won't give them to me just yet; he seems to be distracted by something.
Levi's gaze lowers from my face to my body. He looks me up and down and a look I've never seen him make before appears on his face. Only for a few seconds. My heart skips a beat when he looks into my (e/c) eyes. And then, just like that, it's over.
He seemingly shakes himself out of it and hands me my clothes. My face begins to turn red as I thank him and he leaves, closing the door behind him.
I sigh a breath of relief and disappointment. I guess I like him, huh? It takes me this long to realize for sure that I feel something towards that cold-hearted, cleaning-obsessed midget.
Okay, he's not a midget.

But it's fun to call him that.

At this point, I don't even know where my phone is. But I do wanna text Sasha soon and invite her over sometime.
After locking the bathroom door, I take my time in the shower, making sure to get all of the chlorine out of my hair and skin before turning the shower knob to make it stop. I stand there for another moment before opening the shower door and retrieving my towel.
I dry off, get dressed, and head back out to greet Levi. But he wasn't there.
Disappointment basically fills my veins as I slowly make my way to the couch. On the coffee table is my phone, so I pick it up and check my messages. None from Levi.
Then I realize why: his phone was right there on the table. I reluctantly pick it up, and see a message from someone I never wanted to hear from again.

Petra
If you want to know why I still bother to care for you, meet me outside of the apartment building.

My jaw drops. You're kidding. There's no way in hell that he'll actually accept her offer. I don't think he'd leave his phone here if he had seen the message, so I set it back down and contemplate on telling him when he comes home.
Why is she still bothering him? Doesn't she know that he hates her?
There's always a chance that he was lying, a voice bugs me from the back of my mind.
Ugh.
I get up from the couch and open the front door. Without socks or shoes on, I quickly make my way to the bottom of the apartment building. The windows in the lobby allow me to see outside, and low and behold: Petra is standing there, her hands restlessly fumbling with her phone.
Since Levi wasn't anywhere to be seen, I decide to deal with this hoe by myself.
Heading out the door, I acknowledge that Petra sees me. She looks nervous. Expected it to be Levi, huh?
"What're you doing here?" I ask in my fakest nice voice ever.
She doesn't put on an act though. "Have you seen Levi?" Her voice is cold.
"I think he's occupied with better things than dealing with you," are the snarky words that leave my mouth.
This obviously annoys her, but she continues, "I have a gift for him." That's when I notice her hands are behind her back, and in them holding the double strings of a colorful bag.
I raise an eyebrow. "Don't you have anything better to do than pester someone who's forgotten you?" My arms cross.
She gasps. "How could you say that?"
All of a sudden, I feel arms wrap around my waist and smell the warm scent of lemon and black tea. The voice replies to Petra, "Because it's true," Levi's glare at Petra was apparent in his tone.
Her face breaks. Every emotion seems to cross her face in only two seconds before she whimpers, "Why...?" A tear rolls down her face.
I lean into Levi as he answers her, "You mean nothing to me, Petra. Y/N is mine and you aren't. Face the reality."
She looks as if she wants to hit him, or even me, but she knows better than that. Throwing away the bag in the nearby trash can, she takes her leave.
Finally I can have a breath of fresh air.
Levi spins me around so I can face him. "Where were you?" I ask him.
"I was out trying to find food for tonight," his gaze softens. "Don't worry about me, brat."
This makes me sigh. "Was what you said true?"
He barely bites his lip, saying, "Of course it was, idiot," before pulling me into a big hug.

——————————————————
1057 words
(A/N: jeez. Also I made a typo so I unpublished this and republished it)