Rats Lie to Me

Previously
I stare at him in confusion as he walks towards the bathroom. He must feel my gaze on him because he turns around to look at me. "Tch. What is it?"
My face is burning at this point. "I-I thought you were gonna...um," I can barely speak.
Levi just rolls his eyes.
And I can't tell if I'm disappointed or not.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Memories of the previous day flood my thoughts and I feel my face get warm. In the first time for what seems like forever, I'm lying in my own bed.
It's Sunday, September 1st. Hanji's birthday is in 4 days and I have nothing planned. Speaking of Hanji, she's lying right beside me, drooling on my perfectly clean pillows.

Well, my used-to-be-clean pillows.

I miss Levi. I don't know what he's doing. Surely he's awake right now. It's 8:30 in the morning.
       More memories from last night come back to me.

       "Did you expect me to go further than that, idiot?" Levi's cold eyes glare at me.
       I look down in embarrassment. "Maybe..."
       Levi scowls. "You don't know what you want, Y/N, and that's the problem." He runs a hand through his hair and sighs at me. "Take some time to yourself and figure things out."

       I shake my head at just remembering this. Will he ignore me for the whole day? My arms feel weak but I sit up anyway. Why do I still feel like this? The moment's over.
To think that I'd be on the verge of tears at this second is something I won't allow to be ignored. Gently, I shake Hanji awake. Her eyes are groggy but adjust rather quickly. "What is it, Y/N?"
She notices my expression and gets up, putting her glasses on while she's at it. Facing towards me, she speaks. "Something wrong?"
I scratch the back of my head and tell her what happened yesterday when they all left. Her eyes widen in surprise and her eyebrows do that weird perverted dance again.
When I'm done, Hanji shrieks. "You kept this from me for this long? Have you lost your mind?!" She grabs me by the shoulders and shakes me. "THIS IS INCREDIBLE NEWS WHAT ELSE HAPPENED THERE?!" Then she gets quiet and stares at me with a serious expression. "Did you use protection?"
       At this comment, I push her arms away from me and gag. "Have you lost your mind?" I genuinely cough a few times in shock.
       She grins that crazy grin. "You know that happened a looong time ago," the maniac purses her lips before adding, "so I guess you're telling the truth. That's a bummer,"
       I roll my eyes at her. "I just want to know why Levi's so off lately,"
       Adjusting her glasses, she states, "I knew him in high school. He was always the closed-off type of person," she pulls her hair up in her normal messy ponytail before going on, "He doesn't express himself very often. Either he's trying to protect himself or..." she stops.
       I urge her on, "Or what?"
       "...or he just needs time to think."
       "Those both basically fall into the same category, Hanji," I snap. "Why would he be pr—" she cuts me off.
       With a cold look, she tells me, "He's been through a lot."
       I let it go and nod at her before getting out of the bed. Once I tell her to turn around, I dress myself in a (F/C) t-shirt and some denim shorts.
"Okay, you're fine now," I tell her and turn around and REALIZE SHE WAS LOOKIN THE WHOLE TIME.
"Hanji, what the heck is wrong with you?" I ask, slightly concerned.
She grins at me. "You realize I've already seen you naked, right?"
I remember the incident with Levi and the thong. "O yeahhh,"
Then I leave the bedroom, closing the door behind me. What should I even do now?
       Making my way towards my couch, I notice that my legs aren't very stable. What's wrong with me? I sit on the couch before anything bad can happen.
       Without even noticing it, I've picked up my phone and it currently lays in my hand. Must've done it out of instinct.
       Two messages stare back at me, both from Levi.
— — — — — — —
8:13
Levi
I'll be out of my apartment for most of the day.

8:14
Levi
Something came up.
— — — — — — —
Wtf?
Why didn't he specify where he's going?

O lord, don't tell me...

———————————————————
752 words