Chapter 22: Full Moon

It was the day that we all were dreading. The full moon. The anticipation leading up to this day caused a lot of sleepless nights and nightmares. I've been having the same dream over and over again where the little boy takes the ruby. I don't know what it meant but it made me feel safe. Then that dream would switch immediately showing the ugly face of Diane laughing hard and disappearing in the dark.

It was night time and the full moon was out. Dominic lead me to Diane's old house. It was an old and shabby house. We walked around the dusty living room and down into the basement.

"We're staying here?" I asked him suspiciously.

"Two years ago, I searched every inch of this place. I became familiar with all the corners here" Dominic explains.

He pushed the couch away and it was a hole or something that lead to the sewer. He moved the black lid and went down it. He helped me down the stairs. This place just looks like an underground sewer but cleaner. It had a couch and a fridge.

"What's this place?"

"There is only one exit and it's down there. My mom used this place to sneak out of the pack. She will most likely come through here. I've set a trap"

"Wow you've got everything figured out, haven't you?" I tease.

"I used my mom's magic against her. There is a powder that keeps all supernatural beings from entering this place. It will take her a while before she can break it. I had a pack member put a couch and fridge down here for us. We have 6 hours till the moon disappears so this helps us stall"  Dominic disclosed.

I took a seat with a bottle of water in my hand. I don't even have the mental capability to be eating at this moment. Dominic was holding an iPad that monitored a drone around the pack so he could see what was happening.

"You need to trust me even if it may seem crazy. Remember the plan" he says.

2 hours passed by and there was nothing. I was mind-linking Wes just to make sure he was okay at his hidden spot.

"Shit! Look at this" Dominic showed me something on the iPad. It was a green fog. It affected the guards at the north border wall. The twenty pack warriors fell on their knees coughing hard trying to regain consciousness.

"I should have fucking known. She created a stink bomb using Wolfsbane" He growled with frustration.

The screen showed hundreds of Vampires coming through that border.

"I've got to do something" He stood up quickly.

"Wait! Does your drone come with a weapon?" I asked.

"Yes but what's a tiny drone going to do to this mamy people?" he asked.

"To use Wolfsbane like a smoke grenade or a stink bomb, she used other chemicals with it making it very flammable" I educate.

He targets the drone around that area and watched some parts of the border caught on fire burning some vampires. Once the fire touched some Vampires, it became a chain reaction. Half of them were gone. The wolfsbane fog wasn't as effective anymore.

Dominic smiles and hugs me excitedly. He gave the okay for some of the warriors to go there and attack. 

"I knew that thing would come in handy" He spoke. "The elders said that I was wasting money"

Another hour passed and my eyes never left the surveillance cameras that showed the perimeter of this house. There were small figures coming closer to the front entrance of the house.

"D, look" I showed him the screen.

Three people with black long cloaks and a hoodie over their heads stood outside the door. They looked up at the camera and it was Diane, Candice, and her vampire lover or whoever he is.