Chapter one: Where's Mom?

It truly amazes me how one moment things can be fantastic and it takes a complete turn for the worse. Anything can happen in a second that can affect your life completely.

"Mom said she will get me the LEGO spaceship for my birthday" my 7 year old brother, Wes says in excitement.

We were walking back to the pack. I took him for a run on my wolf earlier and I got carried away and went a little past the south border of our pack. We were back on our pack grounds walking in the woods to meet my family and friends for lunch. There was a cookout going on to celebrate my aunt's birthday.

I caught a displeasing smell. Something did not feel right. My wolf was very restless and on the edge.

"Watch your surroundings carefully" my wolf Adana says in my head.

I immediately silenced the very chatty Wes that was by my side talking about LEGOs and what not.

It happened very fast. Three pale looking vampires appeared circling us. I tried to mind link my Alpha for help but it was all off. No one was responding.

"Go tell the Boss we found the Ruby" one of the men told a guy. It was left with two of them.

"Two against one. Doesn't sound fair to me" I say.

"Either you go the easy way or the hard way. You will still die. The boss will get what he wants" A man with red hair told me.

I held the knife my grandma gave me. She said it will protect against all evil supernatural and made me promise to always carry it everywhere. I threw it at the blond guy closest to me. It pierced his head and the other Vampire watched in horror as his colleague turned into dust.

He attacked me quickly. He was alone which made him weak. Wes was freaking out next to me. Here we were in combat mode and I felt him turn into dust in front of me.

Behind me was Wes holding my granny's dagger. I quickly took it away from him and picked him up. I raced down to the safe house which was a small shack.

"Stay here. Do not answer anyone. I will come get you" I say to him.

"Please don't leave me Salina" he begs with tears in his eyes.

"I'm not. I promise I'll come back. Cross my heart" I assured.

I had a feeling what I was about to witness was about to be truly horrifying and I didn't want it to traumatize my brother. I closed the safe shack and race down to my family home using my wolf speed.

There were burning houses near mine and the smell of rotten flesh and rotten blood. Still no sign of our Alpha. Where was he? if he was dead, I would have felt it.

I race into my home and right in the living room was the sight of my slaughtered family members. Then I spotted my mom. She lay on the ground weakly. Next to her, two vampires feeding on her. I threw my dagger at one and attacked the other. My body shook with rage. My wolf was in control as I tore his limbs to pieces.

"Boss there is one alive. We can't find the Ruby anywhere" a man standing by the staircase spoke on a device. "Dami, She just killed Robby and Tom. She's very dangerous"

He stared as I picked up the dagger with anger. This has to be some kind of nightmare dream. This was not real life. He used his speed to flee the building.

"She had the Zulu dagger" I heard him say.

I quickly kneeled in front of my mom. I have healing abilities and I quickly place my hand on her neck wound while tears quickly ran down my face. I was trying to heal her but it was so bad.