Chapter 21: Your Safety

Reminder: whoever is writing a black werewolf story should use the tag #blackwerewolves. It makes it easier to find your story.

"So we all agree on the battle plan?" Marcus asked.

I sat at the dark brown wooden oval table next to Amora. Across from her, were the Gamma and Beta. Three of the important elders of the pack which includes Harriet were seated at the table as well. My mate stood reviewing the battle strategy on the blackboard. He hasn't slept in two days which caused him to be cranky.

"No" I say.

Everyone turned their attention to me waiting for my reasoning.

"How do we know that they are coming from the northern border? Why are all the warriors there? Also are we forgetting that Diane is a witch which means she can just pop out of anywhere" I say.

"Diane will be going wherever you are" Harriet tells me.

"She will most likely have Candis since her youth ritual will be finalized during the full moon" Dominic says. "We will keep a watch on both borders then"

"Alright" Marcus says.

He began reviewing the whole plan again. Suddenly, a pang of pain moved through my forehead. I held onto my head. The blazing headache was back again. Dominic turned to look at me in the middle of Marcus's speech. He gave me a concerned look but I smiled at him to assure him that I was alright.

We finally got out of that long meeting. Everyone was satisfied with the strategies. I walked out of the pack house with Harriet. I kept getting stabs of pain on my abdomen area. I held my stomach to help alleviate the cramps.

"Dear, are you alright?" Harriet touched my forehead. "You're looking a little pale"

"I think I need to lie down. Everything has been crazy" I respond.

"Okay, I'll bring you some chicken soup in about two hours"

"That will be nice, thank you" I smile at her and walked to the opposite direction to the car.

I needed to get to the car because the cramps were getting so bad that I was almost limping. Dominic was still with Marcus going to patrol the borders.

"Luna!!!" voices came from behind me.

No, not now! I'm not in the mood to speak with anyone at this moment. I turned around to see two women in their mid-thirties walking up to me. I wasn't announce the Luna yet but everyone knew because people talk.

"Hello" I say. This was so awkward. I didn't sign up for public confrontation.

"We couldn't believe that our Alpha finally has a mate. You are so pretty" one compliments.

"Thank you" I tried to smile.

The conversation was very long. It went from them complimenting me to showing me pictures of their kids. I didn't want to be rude and cut the conversation short.

"Excuse me ladies" my savior, Amir says walking out of the pack house.

He tried to distract them turning them to the other direction while I scurried into the black car. The driver drove me home so I can get some rest.

.............

I woke up and I could have sworn I heard a baby giggling. I looked around the bedroom but it was empty.

"I must be losing my mind" I mutter to myself sitting up on the bed.

I turned to look at my clock realizing that I was asleep for three hours. Wes was back from school at this time. I raced out of my bedroom to look for him. Noises came from the dinning room and an awful smell that made me feel very nauseous that came from the kitchen.