Chapter 20: "You'll find out soon"

Someone commented that my book "stereotypes black culture". Someone give me examples because I'm so confused.

"Why a fancy dinner, Salina?" Dominic whines.

He's been whining about my plan all day. Who wants to have him? Because I'm tired of him for today. I turn around to look at him.

"When she comes I want to catch her off guard and maybe throw a knife at her" I explain again. I didn't mean the last part. Yes I did.

"She's one of the most powerful witches in the world; you have to do better than that to take her down" Dominic reply.

We were at an abandoned house and the workers were setting up for the dinner meeting here. She wasn't stepping into our house nor the pack house. It's been two days since we told Wes about us. He's been taking it well. He's been going to school again but some guards keep an eye on him discreetly.

The full moon was in just 8 days and everyone was training hard and a whole battle plan was in the works. Diane chose to come tonight for some reason. She sent Candis 2 days ago to notify us of her request. You should have seen my face. 😒

Anyway, Dominic pulled me to a corner of the house where none of the workers could see us. He pulled me against his chest. His hands moved down to the hem of my dress and slid into my inner thigh. As he slid his hand higher, the more aroused I got. I snapped out of it and hit his hand swatting it away.

"You are obsessed!" I exclaimed.

"Stop acting like you don't like it" he says in my ear. His voice was deep that it got me all hot.

"You've become addicted and you haven't even marked me yet. I can't imagine how you'll act once you marked me"

"You wouldn't be leaving my side"

He gave me a sexy smirk and brought his head close to mine giving me multiple kisses on the lips. Oh no! We've become one of those cringey couples who can't keep their hands to themselves.

"I gotta go. Marcus found something. Don't miss me a lot" Dominic told me and hit my butt gently.

"Trust me, I won't" I remark and walked back to the workers.

"So rude" I heard him say as he walks out.

I walked down the town square to get lunch with Amora. I had no appetite whatsoever and I had a terrible headache. It didn't help that everyone kept staring at me with pity as I walked down the street. The stupid rumor was still in affect.

Amora hugs me as met her at the food truck. She was so excited and I was focusing on my headache. I felt a pang of pain hit my stomach and I held onto Amora's arm. It only lasted for a few seconds but it felt very painful.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"I don't know. I think I need some rest. Let's just order" I reply.

I got chicken and lamb kebabs on a stick. That's the only thing I wanted. Dominic likes chicken. I miss him. My eyes widen when I saw Amora's plate.

"Don't judge me. I don't have this fat ass from eating bones" she states.

I let out a small laugh and it only increased my headache. What's wrong with me?