Chapter 16: Displeasure

Salina's POV

"She's my mother" he says pointing at a picture of a woman with short straight black hair and a slim figure. She looked young in this picture and the clothing style looked as if they were from decades ago.

I turn to look at him after processing his words and quickly got off his lap.

"Is this some kind of joke? Why does your mom have my brother?" I asked trying to keep calm.

"Let me explain please" he says trying to grab my hand.

How would you feel when you find out that your mate's mother has kidnapped your brother? I kept my distance away from him and nod my head indicating that he continued.

"My mom is a witch. She didn't believe in dating outside her kind. I guess she looked down upon those that weren't witches and she was devastated when she found out that my father, an Alpha werewolf, was her mate" Dominic began.

I stare at him with a million things going through my mind. I stood closer to the door just in case if I was displeased with his words, it would be an easy exit. He sat on the small couch and I guess he sensed my displeasure because he didn't come any closer.

"The mate bond between a witch and wolf is not as strong as two wolves together. She agreed to be with my father only for the power not because of love. She planned on taking control of the pack. She never wanted me and I was neglected by her since I was a baby. When I was 6, my father discovered her treacherous plans and exiled her from this pack. Since then she's been doing everything to cause downfall onto this pack" Dominic clarifies.

I walk back over to him and sat on his lap like earlier. His hand slid around my waist pulling me into his chest.

"She was never a mother to me. My grandma, Harriet always treated me better. I haven't seen my mother since she popped up out of nowhere during my Alpha training at the academy. She twisted my mind with lies which caused me to stop talking to my father for a while. I refused to see him during winter break and he died at that time. I can never forgive myself" he says with sadness all over his face.

I touched his cheek and gently stroked it with my thumb. I could feel his grief and I wanted to ease it.

"What a crazy life we have" I mutter and asked. "Did you think I would end up like you mother when I ran away from you?"

"No. My mother is pure evil but with you, I never got that vibe from you and I still don't" Dominic responds.

"I'm not evil and I would never do anything to hurt you" I assured.

"I know" he smiles.

I move my face closer to his and brushed my lips onto his. His grip on my waist tightens as he kissed me back. The kiss lasted about 20 seconds till he pulled away and kissed my cheek.

"You should get some rest. I promise you that I'll get your brother back" He declares.

I nod my head. He picked me up and walked into the bedroom setting me onto his bed. He lay next to me in silence.

"What's your favorite movie?" He asked after a while. He was trying to distract me from my misery.

"I don't watch movies much but I'll say The Lion King" I tell him. "You?"

"I don't have time for movies but I watched the orange fish movie with some of the pack children and I liked it" he replies.

"Finding Nemo?" I asked laughing.

"Yeah that one"

"What type of genre of movies do you like? Superheroes? Drama?" I asked curiously.