Chapter 10: Trust

His gaze never left me but I looked down at my nails. I didn't know where to begin. This was way too awkward. I finally looked up at my mate who watched me with curiosity.

"I think I might be the traitor the Vampire was speaking of" I confess and watched as he gave me an infuriating look.

"What do you mean you are the traitor? Elaborate!" He respond trying to stay as calm as possible.

"My situation can be seen in various ways. I feel as if I'm the traitor because I have important information about the vampires and I know the reason why they want to attack this pack" I articulate. 

"That doesn't make you a traitor" he sighs with relief all over his face.

"I think I'm the reason why your pack keeps getting attacked and I have to leave" I state.

He stood up from his seat infuriated and walked around over to me. He took a seat on the desk near my chair causing our knees to touch.

"This is not only my pack, it's yours as well. The reason has nothing to do with you so you will not leave!" He exclaimed.

"Did the Vampire say anything to you? What is their reason of attack then?" I ask curiously.

"Centuries ago, the land that this pack was built on use to be the Northern Vampire territory until my my great granddad invaded. I assume they want their land back. They tried five years ago but didn't succeed. This time they have a someone helping them and it's not you" my mate inform.

"You don't know anything about me"

"You won't allow me to!" He retorts. "Why do you think the Vampires want you?"

I froze at his question as past memories of that day flood my mind. All at once, I could smell and see the decaying flesh of that treacherous day and the gasoline smell of burning houses.

"Salina" a voice calls.

I got back to reality once I felt sparks on my face. His hand cupped my face as he gave a concern look. He probably thinks I'm a freak or something. That was one of the reasons why I didn't want a mate.

"Are you okay?" He ask.

"Yeah, don't worry about it" I lied speaking quickly but it was obvious that I wasn't and he didn't believe me. His hands stayed on my face.

"What do the rogue vampires want from you?" He asked again after a long while of silence.

"I have something they want. It was the reason why they destroyed my old pack" I mutter.

He moves his hand away from my face and sat back on the desk.

"What is it?"

"I can't tell. I was told not to trust anyone with it" I looked away from his intoxicating eyes.

"I'm your mate. I'm your other half so if you think about it, we are one. That means I'm not just anyone" he says making me roll my eyes.

"Stop being a smart ass" I groan causing him to laugh.

"Show it to me?" He ask.

"I still don't know what it does. I know it's magically but once I figure it out, I may show you"

"I maybe able to help you considering I'm a smart ass and everything" he urges.

I stood up to leave. I couldn't be near him for another second without allowing him to have his way with me. How can someone be this handsome?

"I should go, my brother is probably annoying Harriet"

"Wait!" He pulled me onto him before I got near the door. "Did Amir give you my letter the other day?"