Chapter 3: Pack people

I toss and turn the whole night. I didn't even want to go to sleep. Wes on the other hand was snoring and rolling around in his sleep. I'm glad he's able to sleep    well. I turn to the nightstand near me to look at the small clock. It was 5:28am.

After scribbling a quick note and placing it on the bed next to Wes, I brushed my teeth and went next door to Amora who gave me a black sports bra, black T-shirt and black leggings.

"You get to meet most of the pack today. The Alpha won't be here till next week. He normally keeps to himself and does Alpha work" Amora says as we walked out of the building.

I made sure to tuck the gold chain necklace with the Ruby on it inside my shirt. I couldn't leave it unsupervised. As we walked down the street, we passed people who gave me a curious stare but smiled at me regardless. I really hate being the center of attention.

We walked into the woods to a clearing and open field. There were hundreds of people in the distance standing in groups chatting. They all sniffed the air and turn to look at my direction. No, Goddess no! FML! I heard a loud squeaking voice and saw the girl from last night, Candis running up to us with a boy.

"Oh my God girl! You will not believe what happened last night!!!" The boy whisper yelled to Amora. He then turned to me. "Who are you?"

"She's Salina, the new member we told you about" Candis spoke.

"Oh hi, you're cute. I'm Jerome" he introduced in a hurry so he can go back to telling his story.

"Anyway, bitch, Tati gave Darrien herpes!" He gossiped with excitement. They screamed and started to laugh. Some people looked in our direction.

"Sadly it's just temporary. Werewolves can only have STDs for a week" Amora sigh sadly.

They all turned to me and looked at me silently. Their eyes lightens a little and I could tell they were mind-linking. Their eyes went back to normal and they all smiled at me.

"How do you like the pack so far?" Jerome ask me.

"People seem nice" I respond. They all laughed.

"What you need to know is that most of these niggas ain't shit! Do not trust them. You can trust the Alpha and Beta but that's about it. The Gamma is a fuck boy, you'll meet him soon enough" Jerome began. He stopped when some people passed our way.
"Also stay away from Tati and her squad of she-devils. They will only cause you misery and insanity. They are the biggest hoes around."

"Good to know" I smile.

"Us three meet at the town square for lunch everyday at noon. You can join us if you want" Candis suggest.

"Thank you"

Before I could say anything else, a horn was blown and Candis told me that meant it was time for training. Marcus was shouting at people to get into their normal groups. I just stayed with Amora and the 2 others.

"Training is very competitive especially for some females. They do it to get the Alpha's attention but it never works. If you come in 1st or 2nd place in the run, you don't have to patrol or train for a week" Jerome explains to me.

Each group has a pack warrior and for our group it was Amora. She taught us combat moves that we can use in our human form. The moves were familiar to me because I was a pack warrior in-training back at home. I've been training since I was 12, practicing different fighting techniques.

"You are very good at this. You should be a warrior for our pack" Amora suggests.

"Don't do it. It's social suicide" Jerome interrupts.