Chapter 17: Drawings

I stared at Dominic with wide eyes. I was confused on how his mom and my pack were connect. He got closer to where I stood in the living room.

"I found multiple drawings of the ruby in one of her books. Also a drawing of you. No one has been in that house for the past ten years" Dominic explained showing me some weird drawings of me.

"What do we do now?" I ask.

"I have to go see her myself. I fear that's the only way to get your brother back" he reply.

"I'll come with you"

"No!"

"Why not?" I asked frustrated.

"My mom is a huge manipulator and plus I need you here to talk to my grandma about the Ruby. She's the only one you can trust. I trust you to run the pack in my absence" Dominic says.

"Dominic, you're my other half. I can't just sit here knowing that you might get hurt" I tell him desperately.

He sighed deeply and takes my hand in his big ones and pulled me against his chest. He brought his face down to mine and his lips came crashing down on top of mine. His lips were surprisingly soft and tasted like cherries. He pulled away after a couple of seconds.

"I need you to further interrogate Candis more. Ask her about my mom's house. Please don't go too crazy"

He walked over to the door and I stared at his back. Maybe I should follow him discretely. As if on cue, he turns to look at me.

"Also don't even think about following me because I would be able to smell you from miles away" he adds.

"Can you read minds or something?" I ask in shock.

"No, my wolf had a feeling that you may be stubborn" he says laughing and walked out of the house. 

It was night time and who could sleep in this situation? I decided to call Amora and Jerome to come over. Within five minutes, they were banging on the front door like wild animals.

I opened the door and Jerome bolts inside and started to be nosy. I let Amora inside and locked the door.

"You left us for the rich. Look at this place!" Jerome shouts as he looked around the living room and kitchen.

"This whole place called me broke" Amora says.

I smile and sat on the couch with them. Jerome came back from the kitchen with a bowl of noodles. It felt weird to be just the three of us now instead of four.

"When did you find out that the Alpha was your mate? Was it that day in the woods when Tati tried to get you arrested?" Jerome gasp.

"No, when you guys forced me to go to the Karaoke club" I tell him.

"That was months ago! You're telling me that you knew your mate was the Alpha for that long and you didn't tell us!"

"I ran away from him. It's a long story!" I sigh.

"Just so you know, word is going around the pack that the Alpha has found his mate. Most people don't know it's you but some suspect it" Amora informs.

"I'm guessing Tati didn't tell anyone. Anyway, I have to interrogate Candis tomorrow"

"I need to see this! You know I'm way too nosy" Jerome squeals.

They ended up sleeping over but I could hardly sleep. My mate and brother were somewhere and I couldn't help but feel more alone than ever. The memories of that unspoken day at my old pack kept haunting me. On top of that, the drawings of me really creeped me out.