Chapter 13: The Ruby

After our steamy kiss, Dominic couldn't keep his hands off me. I liked the feeling so I wasn't really complaining. He pulled me onto his lap with both my legs on one side. I slid a hand to caress the back of his head. He was the happiest I've seen him ever.

"I can't believe you're in my house!" He tells me with joy. I giggled at his excitement.

"This wasn't suppose to be a date" I remind playfully.

"So you admit it's a date" he teased.

I smile. "Well you kissed me so I guess it is"

He responds by kissing me again. His lips were soft and sturdy. My desire increased as our kiss continue to deepen. He pulled away and looks at my face.

"We have to stop now or I won't be able to control my wolf" Dominic told me.

"I can't believe Tati thought she could arrest me earlier today" I say with laughter.

"I can't stand her disrespecting you. I need to mark you and reveal you to the pack"

"After we find out who this traitor is" I respond.

He stood up to retrieve something in his room and he came back to the living room with a file. I watched him curiously.

"These were the four wolves that were guarding the dungeons the day the vampire was released. I think you know one of them" Dominic informs as he opens the file.

My eyes widen when I saw a picture of Candis.

"She's a suspect but you know her more than I do. Do you think it's her?" He asks.

"I don't know. You can't really trust anyone" I respond.

He nods his head in agreement. "Will you investigate on the low for me?"

"Yes"

I stood up walking around his living room examining all the colorful paintings. He followed behind me quietly. I reached the brown glossy piano and run my hand through the smooth surface and touch a key to hear its beautiful sound.

I walk into the hallway and saw black and white pictures framed on the wall. There was a picture of Amir and Dominic pulling at two different ends of a rope. They both looked young in those pictures.

I turn to look at him. "How old were you in this picture?"

"18" he reply.

"How old are you now?" I ask.

"Almost 26"

I look at another picture on the wall. It was of an elder dark skin couple that looked like him.

"Your parents?" I ask.

He turn away from the picture. His shoulders slouched and I could sense his distress. I knew what it meant. I touched his arm as a sign of comfort. I surprised him and myself by giving him a hug. He held onto me for a long while.

"You didn't tell me your age" he changed the subject. We move away from the picture and he followed me as I walk upstairs.

"I turn 22 in February. 3 more months"

I walk into the first room on the right which was an office. It was larger than my bedroom. I am so nosy!

"Oh my God! I just realize how intrusive I'm being" I gasp in realization.

"I gave you a key for a reason. It's your house as well" Dominic responds.

He pulls me in his arms and starts kissing me again. I wasn't complaining. My lips part to give his tongue access. He pulls apart and kissed along side my neck and cheek.