Chapter 11: Luna

There was a half moon up in the sky. I ran out into the cold night following the scent of my mate to trace his current whereabouts. The dagger was held tight in my hand. I followed his scent into the woods and then his scent vanished. Great, I was lost in the middle of the woods. The only noises that could be heard were of the nocturnal animals. It was way too cold to be out in just a T-shirt and shorts.

Everything happened way too fast and before I could realize it, I had freezing cold and clammy hands around my neck in a chock hold. This disgusting guy pushed me right against a tree. I look up and stare at his pale caramel skin with disgust and hatred.

He had a wicked grin on his face. He held onto my neck tighter and I started to lose the access of air. I held tighter onto the knife and stabbed him in his rib section. The man winced in pain and stumbled back. I expected him to turn into dust but instead he held on to the dagger.

As soon as he held the handle of the dagger he grunts out loud in pain. It seemed like it burnt him when he touched the dagger. He was able to remove it from his abdomen and threw it on the ground. My eyes widen in shock. Why didn't he turn into dust?

I guess the dagger couldn't save me tonight. The vampire lets out a loud chuckle and stared to head towards me. I was prepared to fight and was about to turn into my wolf but a huge black wolf pounced on the vampire ripping him into shreds easily.

I quickly picked up the dagger and turn around to find a naked and angry Dominic. He had an amazing body. Do not look down, I tell myself. He stomps over to me with rage.

"I told you to stay at home! You almost got killed! No one leaves the house after 9, remember?" Dominic's deep voice spoke. "You aren't above the law"

"Yes I am. I'm the Luna!" I respond. He stood right in front of me with rage.

"So you decide to be the Luna when it's convenient? You've been acting like a bitch to me from the start and you're very egocentric. You first said you didn't want to be Luna but now you do? Make up your damn mind!" he shouts.

His body shook with anger. I didn't like the tone he used towards me and I was not in the mood to argue with him. I just wanted to help because the vampire situation was my problem as well. My eyes gave away the hurt I felt.

"I'm just going to go then" I murmur.

"That will be best" he responds turning around to face away from me.

I wistfully walked away from him. I made my way out of this creepy forest and back on the smooth pavement of the streets. I arrive back to my apartment and place the dagger at a safe place in my drawer. I took a shower to wipe away the vampire's prints off my body.

It was a sad shower. Tears ran down my face and mixed with the water that was coming from the shower faucet. After, I just lay in bed unable to sleep. I can't believe he called me a bitch. The clock said it was 2:30 in the morning. My door creeks open and Wes walks inside.

"Salina, I had a nightmare" Wes says moving over to lay next to me.

"The Vampires again?" I ask.

"No, our old Alpha. Alpha Scott" Wes says and fell asleep in a sudden.

I fell asleep wondering why the Zulu dagger didn't work.

••••••••••

It was the weekend and Wes was at his friend's house doing nerdy stuff like building LEGOs and what not. Word spread all over the pack of the death of the vampire. Most people eased down a little.

I walked into Starbucks with the three friends of mine. Jerome was making a list of potential traitors in this pack as we walk. We ordered and took a seat at the corner. Jerome handed me his top ten list. The person on top of his list was of course, Tati.