Chapter 18: Stronger Together

I decided to follow Dominic out of the room. Confusion written all over my face. Amir stood by my brother to look after him while I resolve this issue. I entered Dominic's office in the third floor of the pack house and he sat at his desk with his face in his hands.

He raised his head as soon as he saw me. Once he saw my face, there was anger in his eyes. I don't know what was wrong with him and what that woman did to him.

"What happened back there?" I asked moving close to him.

"Salina, I'm not in the mood. Can you go back to your brother?" He asked looking anywhere but at me.

It caused me to grow very frustrated. I stomp over to him ready to voice out my irritation.

"What happened over there? Why are you acting so different?" I asked calmly.

I moved to touch his cheek but he moved my hand away. He stood up from his chair wanting to leave the room but I blocked his path.

"Move Salina!" He growled warningly.

"No, she did something to you. What did she do to you?" I asked raising my voice.

I could tell his wolf didn't like my tone but I didn't give a fuck. How did we go from being loving to this? Dominic looks down and we locked eyes for the first time since his arrival. Everything about him was so cold.

"You want to know what she did to me?" He asked angrily.

"Yes" I say.

"She showed me the truth" he tells me.

"What truth?"

"The truth about You" he says with a bitter tone. He looked at me with disappointment and hate.

Dominic pushes me out of the way and walked to the door. I didn't know what was going on and I was so confused.

"So you resent me now? You are going to treat me how you treated your father before he died?" I shout after him before he could twist the door knob. He turn around to look at me.

"Don't bring my father into this!" He snarled and walked out.

The door bang shut in his dismissal. I felt so heartbroken and confused. My wolf wanted to fight him. How could he trust that witch over me?

I walked back to the hospital room that had Wes and thanked Amir for watching him. He left and I sat next to an unconscious Wes with tears streaming down my cheek. I felt as if the universe was against me. I know I'm not weak because of how I handled everything that happened to me.

I felt helpless with all my problems at this time. There was no one for me to talk to. Harriet probably is with Dominic and she will take his side. Amora and Jerome are friends and the last time, a friend tried to kidnap my brother. I was truly alone.

The door opened and Amir entered. I looked away from him and wipe my tears before he could see them.

"Hey, are you okay?" Amir asked.

Shit he saw my tears. I turn around and gave him a forced smile.

"I'm good" I assured.

"Your eyes are red" he states and moved to sit next to me. "You should be happy. Your brother is safe"

"I am"

"This is not about your brother? It's about Dominic?" He gasp with realization.

"No it's not. Just stop!" I exclaimed.

I was not in a talking mood and I just wanted to be left alone. He didn't speak after that so I just watched Wes and sulked in my misery.

"You know, I've always been the odd one in my family. When my parents died, the rest of my family acted like everything was normal only to bring peace to the pack. I couldn't do that.You just need to find your happiness"Amir spoke after an hour of silence.