Chapter 2: Shining Night Pack

The wolf on patrol reached us. He was large but not as large as an Alpha. He was maybe a Beta or a Gamma. Bones started cracking and I watch him turn into a man with strong muscles and eight pack abs. You could see his dark chocolate skin from the moonlight.

"Shift" he growl.

If he thought he was going to see me naked then he must be out of his damn mind.

"Wes tell him that I won't shift until I have clothes" I mindlink my brother.

"My sister says she won't shift unless she has clothes" Wes tells the man.

"You are in no place to bargain, rogue" the man reply with order and annoyance in his voice.

"Please mister tall guy, some bad people destroyed our pack and we need somewhere to stay. Please help us" Wes pleads giving him the puppy face.

The man stood there with a thinking voice. He gave Wes a sympathetic look and look back at me.

"Follow me" he says quietly and turned into his dark brown wolf.

Wes moves back onto my back and I followed the wolf through the woods. He was going so fast and I was trying to be gentle because of the heavy boy on my back but Wes loved the speed.

We came across a huge town filled with lights and buildings. It was nighttime and it was very quiet at the moment. The place looked so warm and cosy. It was a very big town. After about 20 minutes, we reached a neighborhood with huge luxurious houses. Damn, that was rich living.

We stopped at the biggest building of all with about three stories. A female came outside handing the man some boxer shorts and she came over to me with a blanket. Wes got off of me before I shifted and wrapped the blanket over me.

"Oooh!!! You are cute!" The girl exclaimed.

"Candis leave!" The man orders.

"Damn! Nobody wants to hear your loud ass voice at this hour!" She says and walks past him into a car and drove away.

The man started to walk into the building and I grabbed Wes's hand following behind him. The place looked like a hospital. There were some guards that stared at us curiously and some with displeasure.

We entered a office. It was huge and had a wooden decor. It smelled like peppermints. The man went and sat on the big chair of the office desk facing us.

"Sit" he points at the two chairs.

We obliged. The man watched us with dark and serious eyes. It made me feel uncomfortable. I held tighter onto the blanket covering me. He glared at us and then spoke.

"Welcome to the Shining Night Pack. I am the Beta Marcus McKinley. The Alpha is on a diplomatic visit at a neighboring pack so he cannot be here to accept your request. I, being the Beta have the right to do so. State your name and business" the man spoke.

"I am Salina Hari and this is my brother Wes. Just as my brother said, our pack got destroyed-" I began.

"Why was it destroyed?" Marcus interrupts.

I look at Wes who gave me a sad look. It broke my heart.

"I can't talk about it in front of my brother. We were the only survivors and that's all I can say. Please accept my wishes" I respond with tears in my eyes.

"Alright, we can move on. You would like to stay in this pack. Temporarily or Permanently?"

"Permanently" Wes spoke for me. I was going to say that I wasn't sure but I guess it's permanently. Marcus hands me some papers.