Chapter 12: Scared

"Salina, you are under arrest for treason against the Alpha and the people of this pack!" Tati says loudly.

Did I hear her correctly? Who gave her the right to arrest people?

"Tati, who the fuck do you think you are to "arrest" someone? You better stay in your lane" Amora defends me.

This whole situation was a laughing matter to me. I turn to look at Dominic who squints his eyes at Tati trying to make sense of her stupidity.

"This bitch is delusional. I told you all that she needed her brain checked" Jerome spoke up.

"I have witnesses and I saw everything with my two eyes!" Tati exclaimed.

"You are hysterical! I have more important matters for you to stand here and waste my time" Dominic tells her with irritation.

"What did you witness? What's your proof?" I challenge her.

Our small group all turned to stare at her, waiting for her so called "proof".

"The night when the vampire got away, my friends and I found her roaming the forest after curfew. We also found a lot of vampire books in her apartment!" Tati disclosed.

"You broke into my fucking apartment!" I screeched.

Who the fuck invades someone's privacy like this? I don't know who this girl thought she was but I'm about to put her into her place. I tried to lunge for her but I was picked up from the ground before I reach her.

"Get her!" Jerome cheers. "About time she got her ass whooped"

Dominic dragged me a few feet back and made me stand behind him. He gave me a look that told me to calm down and he turned around to confront Tati.

"Tati, you have no given authority to invade anyone's privacy. As I said at the meeting, if you are suspicious of a person you report it to my Beta or Gamma and we will do the rest" Dominic began.

He was angry. I fold my arms and stare at Tati with a   smug smile as my mate defended me.

"Secondly, she broke the curfew but so did you. You disobeyed my direct order so you are just as liable as she is. This will not go unpunished" Dominic vocalized.

Her face changed into despair. She gave me a fiercely piercing look.

"You should have sat there and ate your food!" Jerome told her.

"Why isn't she getting punished for the curfew? Also what about the vampire books? Don't you think she's guilty, Alpha?" Tati bombards with questions.

"Oh she's getting punished, alright" Dominic reply.

He turned around giving me a teasing smile and I tried so hard to hold in my laughter. He turn to look back at the small crowd of less than ten people.

"As for the vampire books, Miss Salina told me of her vampire experiences; she has fought four vampires on her own. I asked her to do some research for me" he clarifies.

Everyone let out a sigh of relief. I can't believe they actually thought Tati was credible. They gave me a look of respect and pride which was nothing new to me.

"Everyone can go on about their day. Let this be an example of why you shouldn't take matters into your own hands" Dominic orders and watched as they all started to retreat.