Chapter 15: Reasonable

Dominic's POV

Things can't stop getting worse. I race down the hallway of the pack house once my wolf told me of the unstableness of my mate. I found her surrounded with a few pack warriors. She pushed Candis against the wall and her hand around her neck. They were both shouting at the warriors with rage. I quickly ran over and pulled Salina away.

Her brother was missing and she was probably taking it out on the wrong person. She struggled to get out of my arms.

"Arrest her! She's the real traitor" Salina commands.

I turn to looked at Candis with total shock. Her name was under the suspect list but she was the last person I would have thought to be the traitor. I felt the rage coming from Salina. The pack warriors were forced to obey their Luna. Her eyes went black and almost reddish like. It was starting to make the wolves around us very uneasy.

"Salina, calm down. Relax your wolf" I whisper in her ear and held her tighter in my arms.

Some of the warriors stared at Candis with confusion as they shackled her down with silver chains. She had a remorse look on her face. At this moment, I only cared about the well being of my mate who currently wanted to slaughter Candis. Some regular pack members were walking out to view the commotion. I turn to the warriors who were waiting for my direction.

"Take her to the dungeons. I'll be down to interrogate her shortly" I tell them.

They dragged Candis away and Salina quickly pulls out of my arms.

"No, I will question her myself" She growl pulling out her dagger.

"No, you will not!" I exclaimed. She had the right to be angry and I would react the same if I were her but she couldn't go down there. Her emotions has take  control of her mind and her ability to be reasonable.

She turn to look back at me. She was obviously hurting and she felt as if I am betraying her. I didn't want us to fight over this and especially not at this moment since some nosy pack members were out of their rooms.

"Everyone, go back to your rooms and stay there!" I loudly behest.

They quickly scattered out of the hallway. It remained Marcus and Salina. I turn to Marcus who was looking at Salina and I perplexed yet fascinated with our dialogue.

"Marcus, please escort Salina to my house and make sure she doesn't leave" I direct. Salina lets out a scoff.

"Give us a moment" I tell Marcus who nods and walked away.

"I can't believe you. She knows something about my brother! You really expect me to sit patiently?" Salina bellows throwing her arms up in frustration.

"I don't have time to fight with you right now. Your actions will be seen as biased. She's innocent until proven guilty. I hope you trust me enough to know that I would do whatever it takes to find your brother" I assured.

I moved to touch her cheek but she swats my hand away. My wolf growled quietly at her disrespect.

"Out of everyone, I thought you would understand me. I hope you are happy that you chose to abandon me in my time of need" She says in dismay as more tears fell down her face.

It torment me to see her like this. I wanted to kill everyone who hurt her. I felt reprehensible for all of the crazy things happening. I needed to assure the safety of all the members of my pack. I had to tell myself that this was for her own good and I felt strong sorrow for her current position.

"Salina" I sigh.

"Leave me alone, Dominic" she replies and walked towards the door. Marcus escorts her out to the car. I  stood silently watching her leave. I knew she was in safe hands.