Chapter 6: Mate

"Jerome stop following me!" I let out a shriek as we walked to pick Wes from school.

"I won't stop following you unless you come with us to the Karaoke club today. Come on it's Friday!!!" Jerome reply.

Oh my God! Friends can be so annoying sometimes. We reached the school and I realized I was about ten minutes late. Wes stood with one of his friends, Evan and his mom.

"Sorry Jerome, you know I have a seven year old person to take care. I don't have time to hang out" I tell the man who was following behind me real close.

Before Jerome can respond, Wes and Evan ran over to us with excitement.

"Salina, can I stay over at Evan's house? Please please please please?" Wes begs.

Oh my God! It's like everyone wants something from me. Wes was begging and Jerome was trying to get me to see reason.

"Why are you staying over?" I ask Wes.

"Because my mom and dad just got a new arcade and go karts!" Evan responds for him.

Talk about filthy rich! Who has go Karts in their house? Now I see why Wes was so eager to spend the night.

"Let me talk to your mom" I tell Evan.

I walked up to the light skin young woman in her late 20s. She just ended a phone call and she was on her way over to us so I decided to meet her half way. Evan's mom, Lira pulls me into a hug.

I've gotten used to this pack's obsession with hugs. It doesn't bother me like it used to. She had on a dirty blonde wig that was applied so well on her head. She looked like those Instagram models.

"Hi Salina, how are you?" Lira ask as we greeted each other.

"Are you aware that Wes wants to spend the night over at your place?" I asked.

"Yes, he's such a nice boy. He's the only one nice to my Evan" she responds giving me a warm smile.

"Alright, he can spend the night. Only if it won't be too much for you"

"It will be fine" she assures.

She asked me to drop Wes at her house at about 5pm and with that I walked back to the little group of mine waiting for my response.

"Yes Wes, you can go but if I hear anything bad, you will not have a sleep over again until you are 30" I threatened.

"I'll be good" he assured and jumps with excitement with Evan. Evan runs back to his mom and we began to walk home.

"You can't use Wes as an excuse anymore, Salina. This means you are free to go to the club with us" Jerome argues.

Oh. My. God. I turn around to face him.

"If I go, will you please stop talking about this club?" I ask. His face brightens with excitement.

"So you are going?" He screams while jumping up and down like a little kid.

"Yes, but don't make me regret my decision" I concur.

He started to run away in the opposite direction from my apartment. I turn around to look as he ran.

"Where are you going?" I ask.

"To get you an outfit!" He shouts while running away. His words made me groan. All I wanted to do was watch 'Always a Witch' on Netflix and eat as much junk food as possible.

Once Wes and I arrived at the apartment, he quickly rushed to his room to go and pack. Then my entrance door burst open. I stood in position to kick some ass then I realized it was Candis.