<Fixer Upper>

"Good morning Mr. Kim, Mr. Jeon, I am Cho Miyeon. It's nice to meet you." The young doctor smiled, she was standing in front of a couch and bowed towards the two men. Miyeon was a very pretty woman with a rounded face and beautiful round brown eyes that sparkled under the sunlight gleaming through the big window.

Taehyung and Jungkook bowed to the woman as well before moving to the couch across from her. "Um... good morning Dr. Cho." The brunet murmured.

The woman followed their actions taking the seat across the small little coffee table. "Please, Miyeon is fine. Do you understand how this works Mr. Kim? The whole therapy thing?" she asked gently examining the timid posture of her new patient.

"Uh... not really, to be honest, Kookie suggested that it would help more to see a professional." Taehyung murmured, his eyes looked down at the table in front of him.

Miyeon watched his movements, the way he fiddled with his fingers and leaned slightly closer to the other male that had entered. She listened closely to the way he spoke, the tone of his voice and how shaky his words were. Picking up her booklet and paper, she continued to smile at Taehyung. "Well, for the most part, we'll just talk, I'll ask questions once in a while and if you're comfortable enough to answer then you can. I'll get to know you, and try to understand you and what you've been through better. I may need to try different things though, but only things that you're comfortable with. Your comfort is the key."

Taehyung listened carefully, then nodded in understanding, "So if I don't like where something is going, stop you?"

"Precisely. Would you like to start now?" Taehyung nodded hesitantly, he understood what was to happen but his nerves were still getting to him. "Alright then, who is 'Kookie'?" she asked sweetly.

A small, yet visible smile washed over Taehyung's face and Miyeon didn't miss it, "This is Kookie," he gestured towards Jungkook, who was quietly watching the two talk.

"Good morning." She bowed to the male, who smiled and followed her actions while mumbling a quiet "'morning" back. Miyeon turned her attention back to Taehyung, "when did you come up with that nickname for him?"

"When we were younger, it was the first thing I called him after he told me his name," Taehyung stated and watched as Miyeon started to write things down in her little booklet.

She looked up at him again, "so I'm guessing you two have been friends for a long time now?"

He nodded softly, then stopped in thought, "Well kind of... I mean we knew each other for about eight years before Mother and Father sent me away with... then seven years later Kookie came and... saved me." He looked down at his hands, "even though we weren't really with each other I like to think we've been friends the entire time."

Miyeon wrote down a couple of things then glanced in between the two males on the couch opposite of her. She noticed how Taehyung's last sentence had left him feeling a bit shy and embarrassed. How Jungkook was desperately holding himself back from interfering and hugging the brunet, she caught his attention and mouthed a "go ahead."

Jungkook didn't need to be told twice, "Tae... of course, we were, we are, we've never stopped being friends, never will. I could never leave you, believe me." Taehyung glanced up and turned his head to his friend, the concerned eyes staring back at him, desperately trying to make him understand. "You are way more important to me then you think."

Taehyung smiled, his eyes were glassed over with a sheet of tears. Miyeon simply watched, writing down somethings at different moments, finally, she decided to continue on with the questions. "So Taehyung..." She spoke up to catch his attention, "can I keep asking questions, with your last answer it seems we are about to get to some deeper questions."

"Yeah... I want to get better, so please."

She nodded, "Alright then, your parents," Taehyung tensed, "How was your relationship with them?"

"Well, they never really wanted a second child and when I came along they saw me as a burden. When I was a baby they left me with my older brother all the time, then My brother fell ill and... died. They grew more hateful towards me, said things like that I should've been the one to die. They hated everything about me and were never happy with my achievements they only found the failures in anything I did.

I slept in the storage closet in the living room, and only had a couple of outfits. I wasn't given good meals and didn't get to eat much anyway, I did get more after meeting Jin hyung though, he wouldn't let me not eat."

"Your older brother, how old were you when he passed?"

"Seven, three months before I met the kookie and the others."

"And how close were you?" Miyeon asked gently, she was treading on her words carefully she didn't know when the ice would break and Taehyung would drown in his past.

"He used to call me Taetae, and he'd buy me everything I'd need, he made sure I had enough food every day and was taken care of. He helped me with my homework and bought me a birthday cupcake each year. He was my idol and best friend." Taehyung thought back to his favorite moments with his older brother.

~

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Taetae! Happy birthday to you!~" A sixteen-year-old Baekhyun sang happily to a six-year-old Taehyung, in the local park they liked to play at near their house.

Taehyung giggled loudly, clapping at the great job and the delicious looking cupcake in front of him on the chipped wooden picnic table. "Thank you Baekie!" the younger grabbed his brothers face his small hands squishing the older's cheeks then pulled him in and landed a kiss right on the tip of the boys face.

Baekhyun chuckled, returning the kiss right on Taehyung's forehead. "You're welcome Taetae, I also got you something else this year." He smiled.

"Really? What is it?" Taehyung squealed, pure joy etched on his face.

The older male reached down for his school bag, the one he always carried with him. He quickly unzipped the bag and pulled something out only to hide it behind his back just as fast, Taehyung whined he was trying to catch a glimpse by looking over the elder's shoulder. "Come on Baekie I wanna see!"

"You will, but I want this to be a big surprise." Baekhyun smiled down at his brother who was pouting.

"It's already a big surprise,"

With a chuckle, Baekhyun replied, "I guess you're right, okay ready?" Taehyung nodded his head viciously, his smile growing back on his face. "Tada!" Baekhyun pulled out a stuffed tiger, with a small little smile sewed on it's face.

Face literally glowing with happiness, Taehyung reached out to grab the toy and hugged it tightly against his chest. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you Baekie!" He jumped around the bench, a big wide boxy smile on his face.

"Anything for my little brother."

~

"Yeah, we were really close." Taehyung murmured smiling gently at his hands.

.
.
.
.
.
.