Kim Namjoon

I was on my way home from the bakery. It was Sunday morning and I was supposed to buy some rolls for everyone. Luckily the town I was living in was more of a village, so it didn't take long to reach the destination you wanted to.

I had my earphones plugged in and was listening to music as always since music made everything better no matter what it was. Because of that, I didn't really pay attention to my surroundings and the people that were passing by (which weren't that many, but still).

Focusing on the music I didn't recognize the guy that was passing me. But I flinched as he suddenly grabbed my arm to stop me. I took out my headphones and looked at him.
"Can I help you?", I asked confusedly.

"Y/n? Y/l/n y/n?"
I looked at him in confusion but then it suddenly hit me.
"Namjoon?", I asked surprisedly.
"Did I really change that much?", he laughed.
"You grew even taller than before", I said and scanned him. "You look good though."

"Same goes for you", he smiled.
"What are you doing here? I thought you live in Seoul now."
"I do. But I came here to visit my parents and my old hometown."
"It's good to see you. We haven't seen each other in years. I mean, in person, since the internet is full of you and your friends", I said.

"We should have kept in touch. I really missed you. We were best friends for years and then our contact just broke off out of nowhere", he said.
"I missed you too. It was pretty hard without you. A lot happened since you moved away and not just positive things", I said and bit my lip.

"We should catch up. Are you free?", he asked.
"I need to bring these rolls back home but we can hang out at my place if you want to", I answered and he nodded.
We made our way to my parent's house and got inside.

"Eomma, Appa, look who just bumped into me", I said as we walked into the kitchen where my parents were.
They both looked up and obviously were surprised as they saw Namjoon.

"Kim Namjoon?", my father asked and Namjoon nodded. He bowed and greeted them politely.
"Do you want to eat with us?", my mother asked and Namjoon just agreed.

So we did have breakfast with my parents which was quite awkward in the beginning but it soon got more relaxed.
"Isn't your brother at home?", Namjoon suddenly asked and my mother dropped her chopsticks.

Immediately an awkward tension built up between everyone and Namjoon was obviously confused.
"Did... Did I say something wrong?", he asked carefully.
"We have a lot to catch up on", I said, signalizing him that it was best if he would just change the topic.

We continued eating and both Namjoon and I were relieved when we were able to get into my room, away from my parents. I sat down on my bed and patted on the free space next to me. Namjoon sat down there and looked at me.

"What did I miss out?", he asked and leaned his back against the wall.
"You realized the reaction of my parents when you mentioned my brother earlier?", I asked and looked at him.

Namjoon just nodded and looked at me.
"What about him? Did he move out?"
"That would be great but sadly he didn't. He was on his way home from university in his car when another car suddenly crashed into him. They found out that the other driver was drunk. The man survived. He had a lot of serious injuries, but he survived. My brother didn't", I explained.

"Oh my god y/n, I'm so sorry! I didn't know that", Namjoon immediately apologized.
"It's alright. I wouldn't say that I'm fully over it, but I learned to live with it I guess."
"Are you sure?", he asked, raising an eyebrow.