Kim Namjoon

I was working my regular shift in the cafe. It was a normal day, just like any other. Never has anything really surprising happened during my shifts and I was more than glad about that fact.

But today, something felt different. I couldn't tell what it was, it just did.

"Y/N, can you serve table 6?", my coworker asked me.
"Sure", I said and looked up. A group of boys was sitting there, I haven't noticed them coming in.

I was taking my pencil and a small notebook before I headed to the table.
"Welcome, did you already choose what you want to have?", I asked friendly and made them look at me.

They all nodded and told me what they wanted, one after another, and I wrote everything down.
"Can I offer you guys anything else? We have cheesecake as a special offer today", I said and smiled.

Two of them decided to take a piece and I went back to prepare everything. I wasn't sure why, but one of them seemed pretty familiar to me. But I was sure that it was just a coincidence.

As the coffees and the cake were done, I went back to their table and gave them the things they ordered.
"Enjoy", I said, smiled friendly and walked back to continue my work.

I served other guests and went back to their table about half an hour later when they were done eating and drinking.
"Can I offer you anything else?", I asked as I took their cups and plates.

"We'd like to pay please", the familiar guy said and I nodded.
"All together or separate?", I asked and got 'all together' as a response by him.

I went back, prepared the bill and went back to their table after. The familiar guy took out his wallet, paid the bill, but handed me at least 11.000₩ too much.

"The rest is for you", he said and smiled.
"Thank you very much", I said.
I was about to leave them alone when the guy suddenly said: "Can I ask you something?"

I turned around again, looked at him an nodded.
"Sure, go ahead", I said.
"Aren't you Y/L/N Y/N?", he asked.
I nodded confused and looked at him.
"How do you know my name?", I asked.

"First of all, you are wearing a nametag. Only with your first name, but nevermind. But second, we went to school together, do you remember? Actually, we were pretty close back in the days", he said and I suddenly recognized him.

"Kim Namjoon."

He nodded and smiled.
"It's actually good to see you. How have you been? We haven't talked in years", I said and smiled.
"You know what, let's go for a walk so we can catch up. When is your shift over?", he asked.

"I have to work for 30 more minutes, then I'm free", I said.
"Perfect. I'll wait for you", he said and smiled.
I nodded and got back to work before my boss would get suspicious.

The other guys of his group left a few minutes later but Namjoon remained at the table, waiting for me to be done working.

I served the last guests and was glad as I was finally able to go. I said goodbye to my coworker and went to Namjoon.
"I'm done now. Wanna go?", I asked and he looked up.

"Yes, sure", he said, grabbed his things and we made our way out of the cafe.
"So, how are you?", he asked and looked at me for a second.