A Spark Of Curiousity

(Bloody Painter)

I found myself in another sleepless night, though it didn't bother me. What bothered me is that girl sleeping on my bed, how could she sleep so peacefully after what that elf boy caused? I hated to admit that I was curious to know more, sure she's just another victim but there's something I don't understand what makes her stand out. My eyes landed on the worn-out notebook that I use on some occasions. I remember seeing her draw with slight passion in her eyes, she managed to not escape in a state she is in currently. 

With a groan, I leaned back on my chair while pulling my hair slightly. I feel so frustrated whenever I see this girl, for some reason it's becoming difficult to remind myself that she's nothing more but a worthless human. Suddenly without notice,my hand had already grabbed the notebook she used earlier, I quickly flipped through the pages until I stopped at a very unfamiliar drawing.

It was an illustration of a garden, it wasn't in full detail but it somehow looked...lovely. There were two figures in the middle of the garden, it was just outlined but I could tell it was a drawing of two young girls. I traced the drawing looking at it with confusion, how could be a simple drawing look so lovely in my eyes? Soon I flipped to another page, it was another drawing by her but it was much more than I have expected.

It was a drawing of what I assume is a trashed convenience store, there were items scattered on the floor lacking detail, the shelves were completely empty. My eyes went wide when I saw her own figure, drawn so effortlessly, beside BEN who had the most of the details compared to the whole drawing. They were sitting inches apart while staring at the window where the moon shone, it made me frustrated to see this causing me to slam the notebook shut.

Was that drawing a memory of hers? If so, how could she draw her captor and herself together with ease? My thoughts were swarming through my head until I couldn't handle it anymore, I slammed my head against the table hoping to fall asleep only to fail. There I notice the painting I did today, it was a painting of her. Slowly I took my sketchbook just to take a glance of it. It wasn't the best but her face showed that it is, despite having a frown upon her chapped lips, she looked so...lovely and beautiful. I hated it, I hated how she managed to be stuck in my head for hours all because of curiosity.

Suddenly I hear a soft moan, I quickly turned towards the bed where she slept. Her feet were shaking and her head was turning from side to side. Quietly I crept over to her, once I got closer I noticed that she was having a nightmare. From there I froze not knowing what to do.

Should I wake her up?

No, I'll just wait until she does.

What if she doesn't wake up?

I panicked inside when she started mumbling while gripping the sheets, I found my own hands reaching slowly to her figure with the desire to wake her up. I feel so hesitant and frustrated, this was a simple situation yet I don't know what to do. Eventually, her eyes snapped open as her body sprang up, she panted while I stared at her like an idiot. Then she started crying, I felt panic explode inside of me.

What should I do?

What should I do?!

WHAT SHOULD I DO?!!

I never felt so stressed in my whole life, but I had to make a decision. I sighed before slowly sitting beside her, she noticed this and looked me with the most scared expression I have ever seen, from that I felt guilt rise inside me, I know it wasn't my fault but I couldn't help but feel like that. We stared for a while, her body was shaking while tears never stopped flowing, slowly I started to feel insane. All of a sudden, she pounced at me while instantly wrapping her arms around me, there she continued crying. My heart skipped beats when she buried her face in my chest, she was craving for attention and with that, I decided to grant her what she wanted.

"A-are you al-alright?"

Of course she isn't, she's crying for god's sake!

I didn't get a response from that, I finally mustered enough courage to wrap my arms around her as well. There I held her delicate figure, probably afraid to let go. Why was I doing this? Her hug became tighter as I did the same, soon she became silent until I couldn't hear her sobbing. We remained like that for what it felt like an eternity, why does it feel so good and right to do this? Questions that had no visible answers infested inside my head, I shook them away hoping to not get too stressed about it.

She suddenly pulled away then rubbed her eyes before looking directly at me, I froze when she stared at me with her [Eye Color] eyes. I lost the ability to look away, I felt so...confused. My body seemed to have a mind of its own when it decided to attack her with a hug, my heart exploded upon doing that. My arms wrapped around her figure securely without the desire to let go, what's wrong with me?

My body felt like melting when she wrapped her arms around me once again, I buried my face on the side of her neck finally accepting what have I done. It was so long since I embraced someone like this, so tightly and warm. I forgot this feeling and it felt so odd to encounter it after a very long time, I somehow didn't regret every second, I found myself slowly getting addicted to this.

"Um...are you alright?"

Her voice snapped me out of my thoughts, suddenly I pulled away as I stared at her with slight embarrassment. There she sat right in front of me, the moon's light illuminated us both probably showing how ashamed I was. I noticed that this was an opportunity to ask a question, I cleared my throat finally having enough confidence.

"What was your dream about? It seemed that it made you very terrified that you didn't even notice that you're hugging me without my permission"

I decided to make my voice sound upset. The girl sighed at this then took a glance away from me.

"It was nothing, I'm sorry I did that"

With that being said, she slowly crawled away from me and back under the covers. I became angry making me pounce at her for not answering my question, I found myself paralyzed at the awkward position I got myself into. I looked at her surprised expression while I stared back with my cheeks heating up with embarrassment, I couldn't believe that I decided to pin her down to the bed. In a flash, I removed myself from above her and crawled away to the edge of the bed trying to ignore everything. I expected her to talk but instead, I heard silence, hesitantly I turned around to see her finally back under the covers with her eyes closed.

Her face looked so relaxed and calm, and her body looked so fragile. Soon I hear her snore softly finally thinking she's officially asleep, I couldn't peel my eyes away from her figure. What is she doing to me?! I groaned loudly but slapping my mouth shut since she was asleep and I didn't want to wake her. Then I started to feel weird, I feel so cold and desperate for something simple and easy to get. My eyes went wide with disbelief, I discovered that I'm desperate to embrace her again. 

I know I shouldn't but it was too late, I found myself lying right next to her. Her back was facing me granting me no access to see her face, slowly and carefully I went even closer before finally removing the space between us. With a deep breath, I wrapped my arms silently around her body as I rested my head on the back of her neck. My heartbeat became calm all of a sudden, I felt...safe without a reason. I know I'm crazy, but not crazy enough to do this. My thoughts were screaming at me for doing such a thing, but I chose to ignore it all and focus on this unfamiliar feeling.

Eventually, my eyes became heavy and a yawn finally escaped my lips, I was officially sleepy after a long time all thanks to this girl. I snuggled much closer to her as I closed my eyes, from there I felt myself scream with joy...I think. I didn't know what this feeling was but I was secretly glad it was all caused by a spark of curiosity.

(sorry for misspelled words and wrong grammars)