The Painter & The Victim

(You)

My heartbeat was slower than usual, I have been dazing off more than I should. Should I care about myself anymore? I feel so lifeless inside, maybe I am. I lost everything in one day, yesterday to be exact. I refused to sleep due to nightmares having the possibility to haunt me, I mean I couldn't sleep either because of what happened as well.  Currently, I'm in his room, alone of course. I was too depressed to even move, but something is forcing me to for an unknown reason. Suddenly the door opened revealing none other but the drowned elf himself, he had a frustrated expression all over his face. He approached me then pulled me up to my feet roughly from the bed. Without a word we exited the room, I was dragged by him somewhere I didn't even bother to know. After that, we stopped in what I think is the living room.

"I'll see you soon..."

BEN whispered towards my ear, he managed to still make me shiver with his voice alone, I still hated that. Slowly he released the grip on my arm then left me standing...alone. I heard a door slam closed, suddenly I heard footsteps from behind me. Out of instinct I turned around only to be smothered, I struggled but the person's grip was too strong. Slowly I felt dizzy as my consciousness started slowly fading away, my vision became blurry until I saw nothing but pitch black.

Hello!

I turned around to see a chubby girl beside me, her hair was black then tied up in a ponytail and she was also wearing the same uniform as I am. I felt instantly shy making me slowly move away from her, she saw this and smiled at me.

Don't be scared, I won't hurt you. My name is Carolyn! What's yours?

Carolyn, the name of the girl, leaned towards me with a toothy smile. Suddenly I felt at ease without a reason, her aura was calming and friendly and it somehow surprised me. This was the first time someone was like this to me before, after being almost ignored for a long time I forgot the feeling of friendliness.

[Name]

Hello [Name]! It's nice to meet you!

I found myself smiling at this. Carolyn giggled then attacked me with a bear hug, taken aback I slowly crept my arms around her as well. 

I hope we can be great friends!

I felt my heart beating with joy and excitement, finally, someone was willing to be friends with me. We pulled away then giggled out of the blue, she took my hand and lead me to the school's garden nearby. We sat down together picking flowers and enjoying each other's company silently, I couldn't prevent the tears of happiness flowing down from my eyes.

Huh?! [Name] why are you crying?!

Thank you, thank you for being so nice to me

You're welcome!

I never smiled this big before, I could feel myself getting happier and happier whenever I'm around her. I wish to be friends with her forever.

"Wake up you brat"

Suddenly I felt a stinging sensation on my left cheek making me open my eyes instantly, I winced in pain then groaned. I looked up to see the familiar raven-haired guy looking at me with disgust, I tried to move only to find out that my neck was tied leaving me unable to move further from my place.