A Slow Dance to Reality

(You)

Today is a big day, well for me it is. I sat awkwardly on my chair in my bathrobe while I felt my face getting rubbed on with some brush, apparently, my mother went home early just to help get ready for the School Dance in which I couldn't complain about and right now she's doing my makeup. I felt like Cinderella at the moment which was quite silly, after half an hour my makeup was finally done.

"Now go change into your dress I'll be waiting downstairs for you"

With that being said my mom left a light kiss on my forehead as she left my room, quickly I grabbed my dress laying from my bed wearing it on carefully. Lying next to my bed was a pair of black doll shoes as I start to wear them on as well, everything seemed to be almost done I just needed to contact Ben and ask if he's gonna pick me up this evening. Placing my phone to my ear as I waited for him to pick up my call.

"Hey [Name]! I was just about to leave my house, I'll pick you up in a few minutes"

"That's good, thanks and see you later"

I couldn't believe it was happening, going to the school dance with my crush as my partner I mean what could I ask for more? Placing my phone on my little purse then finally took a glance in the mirror, of course, I saw myself in a mirror but rather an elegant version of myself,I looked quite decent since I wasn't very eye-catching and I wasn't aiming for that. Then a smile appeared on my lips, for the first time I fell in love with myself which was very rare. 

"[Name] your boyfrie-I mean partner is here!"

I took a deep breath then left my bedroom, slowly walking down the stairs made me nervous with each step but I wasn't backing out since it's going to be the last time I'll be with him. There I saw him standing in the doorway taking my breath away as well, I felt like dying from just looking at him. Ben's hair was different similar to Leonardo Dicaprio's hair back when he was younger, he was also wearing a formal tuxedo with a bowtie partnered with black polished shoes, he was close to perfection. Then the blonde head smiled at me giving my stomach a handful of butterflies, I managed to smile back at him as I soon mustered enough courage to walk up to him.

"I wasn't used to seeing you like this but I'm not complaining, you look...beautiful [Name]"

His compliment took me off guard making me blush with my already tinted cheeks, we still had our eye contact with a smile for a while until I broke the silence.

"T-thanks for the compliment Ben, well you look attractive as well"

I could see Ben blush at my statement resulting for me to giggle at him. The moment felt slightly awkward with us giving each other compliments about our current appearance, but it was much better than saying nothing.

"Now run along you two and have some fun for tonight, stay safe along the way"

I heard my mother said as she pushed me towards Ben, we soon exited the house waving goodbye to her and started our walk together. We were walking quite slow like before and it brings a lot of memories, the smile on my face never left while I remained walking very close to him.

"So...how are you for the past couple days? I know we don't talk much I just wanted to know how you've been feeling lately..."

Ben broke the silence, he looked at me with his calming blue eyes as I looked back at him. I love it when he was concerned about me, it gives me a reminder that someone out there cares for me despite my flaws.