Mind Twister

(You)

"[Name]? Please wake up..."

I hear a voice speaking, it's strange...the voice sounded quite familiar. I was about to move only to discover to be somehow stuck, that's weird.

"[Name] please...we need you...I need you..."

The voice pleaded quietly to me, I tried to move again only to fail. My surroundings felt cold, too cold. I imagined all the possible places that I could be in right now, I felt half asleep and awake, it was very confusing really. Suddenly a bright light shone in front of my eyes, my vision became blurry but soon focused, I was inside of a completely white room. I looked down to see myself tied tightly into a chair.

"Pst! [Name], over here!"

I turned to the source of the voice calling out for me. I froze upon seeing who it was, I didn't know if I was in a dream or not.

"B-Ben?"

My voice turned out to be raspy. He was also tied to chair just like me, his face had a worried and scared expression. I was so clueless, confused, and scared. I know for sure it was one of the elf's games, by looks of it this game is going to be a hard one. I somehow felt glad to see Ben alive and in once piece, but I assume this is going to be the part that he's going to fall apart.

"[Name] I...I'm sorry I didn't tell you soon! I didn't know he would take it this far-"

"What do you mean?"

Everything was nonsense, it all happened without a visible reason. The blonde head looked at me with his familiar blue eyes, oh god I missed looking in those ocean eyes. But those ocean eyes were filled with waves, tears that are threatening to fall, it just hurts to see him like that.

"Please let me tell you...everything..."

I waited patiently, it's all I ever wanted, the truth behind all of this madness. I became slightly scared of the truth as well, who knows? It's probably what I have least expected.

"[Name], you're going to die someday, but not now. He's planning a new level to his game and it involves you, me and Kristel. It's easy...but not for you. He's making you the one that will save and end one of our lives, it's all your choice...But! don't choose because....because...I want you to end my life and spare Kristel's, I deserve death anyway..."

Ben didn't shock me that much, but the thing that took me off guard was that he knew what's going to happen, he's asking me to remove his soul. The truth was still blurry and I still need some answers.

"Ben? Y-you-"

"Yes, I know who he is, for a very long time..."

"Please tell me everything Ben, no more secrets..."

I felt my heartache seeing tears finally flow down on his cheeks. No matter how much I tried to deny or hide it, I still loved him but I can't have him.

"I am a prisoner, his personal prisoner. He made me do his dirty work and help him track new victims, all in return to keep my family safe. I have been serving him for five years now, but this...this is where my service must end. Ever since I met you [Name] I had the urge to protect you, because of that I found myself disobeying his orders and getting punished more frequently. I almost did everything I could to keep you safe. I'm so tired of being his prisoner after for a long time I can finally rest...forever"