Chapter 34: Happy Birthday, Itachi!!! (Short)

Ohayo Minna!

I hope you enjoy this mini short!

Today is Itachi-sama's Birthday!!! (09/06)This is a little short update on Itachi's POV in the story right now. Like, now now >w< Enjoy!

Kitami: Happy Birthday Itachi Nii-san!! ヾ(≧▽≦*)o

Sasuke: Hn.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Itachi's POV

I head back to my room after finally coming back from a long mission Pein-sama gave to Kisame and me. I am exhausted and after a quick cold shower to wash off the dirt and sweat from my body, I lay on my bed. I remember walking past the calendar in the communal lounge room on the way to my room, saying the date today is the 9th of June. I can't believe another year has passed and I am one more year closer to my eventual death at the hands of my Otouto. 

Today, is my birthday.

We don't celebrate each other's birthdays here in the hideout. Firstly, because we don't even know each other's birthdays, but also because celebrating something as trivial as one's birthday is seen as a waste of time here.

I close my eyes and smile to myself as my mind drifts into my thoughts. If only none of this had happened to me... If only I hadn't massacred the whole Uchiha clan and left my Otouto all alone... If only the Uchiha weren't planning a coup...everything would have turned out so differently. I'd still be back at home right now, with my family I love so much all around me, with my friends and the girl I love at my side....

Without realising it, I slowly slip into a dream.

I see all of us standing around a table filled with all sorts of delicious desserts, Dango, and a cake in the middle with some candles on top. They all sing happy birthday to me and I smile a genuine smile, as I blow out the candles and they all clap. I cut up the cake and hand them out to my friends and family, thanking them for spending my Birthday with me and for the presents I will open after we finish the cake. I have given a slice to almost everyone before I turn to give the person sitting on my right some cake. Beside me on my right, is my Otouto. I then cut the final slice to give to the person on my left. I look to my left and I see a young girl with bright blue eyes and black hair, who looks to be around the same age as Sasuke. Wait. Who is this girl...? Why am I seeing a girl I don't even know, beside me celebrating my birthday with me? I thought I would see Izumi, the girl I love, at my side...

Suddenly the scene changes from my birthday to the scene that has been repeating itself to me over the years now and again. I'm sitting at the dining table finishing off my homework for the day when I hear a baby crying in another room behind me. It won't stop so I get up and slowly make my way towards the room. My Tou-san is out, as usual, working in the Uchiha police department, and my Kaa-san has gone out to do some shopping for dinner. 

I gently open the door and walk up to the crib. As always, I expect to see a baby Sasuke crying in the crib, but what I always find is a baby girl crying her eyes out. As I look around the room to find something to help me, I spot another crib and as I walk closer, I spot my Otouto sleeping soundly. How? I do not know. But there he lays, hugging his green toy dinosaur, fast asleep. He looks to be slightly older than the crying girl in the first crib. Who is she...? I slowly open one side of the crib before carefully picking her up and hugging her close to my torso. Slowly, her cries turn to soft whimpers before they stop completely. I slowly pull her away from my chest and as I look down at her, I notice her eyes are a bright blue instead of the usual black colour all Uchiha's have. I see her face change before some tears begin to drip down from the sides of her eyes and I quickly hug her again before she cries.

I jolt awake and sit up, holding my head in my hand as a headache slowly emerges. Who is this girl...? Do I have an Imouto...?

And that's the end of the very short chapter 34! I hope you enjoyed it! ^w^

Happy Birthday, Itachi!!! ^w^

As always, don't forget to Vote, Comment, and Follow!

Jaa ne!