Chapter 22: Kitami Vs Dosu

Hi Guys!

I hope you enjoy this chapter. Please let me know about how I did and if anything doesn't make sense, please ask.

I just wanna thank every single one of my readers so far. I so far have reached 172 awesome followers, 22.8K Reads and 1.1 Votes! This is totally amazing and I couldn't have gotten this far without all of you! 

The amazing artwork above was drawn by the amazing _kuro_tenshi_! She is totally awesome and has an awesome drawing book! Go check her out! 

As always, Just a reminder to vote for my book in the Naruto Watty Awards! Shout out to Goatgirl8 and PheonixFlowerLily for voting already! Go check them out, they're awesome! And I only own Kitami and any other new characters I introduce along the way. The Naruto world and characters all belong to their rightful owner, Masashi Kishmoto.

Hope you enjoy and please vote, comment and follow! \(^o^*)/

On with da Story!!!!! \ (><)/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kitami's POV

"Match, Begin!"

I instantly jump away from Dosu and make some distance between us. Now... How should I get around this...? I guess I just gotta use my stamina, Kunai, Senbon and very minimal Ninjutsu while dealing with the throbbing curse mark on my right shoulder...

We have a stare off. I watch every single movement he makes and decide it's either I go all out and end things quickly or let it drag on. I decide on the previous one and if the curse mark releases... Well, I'll deal with that when the time comes. While eyeing him, I slowly slide my hand into my weapons pouch and in a flash, I teleport directly behind him. In one swift movement, I take the Senbon needle out of the pouch and swipe it into his neck. To my surprise, he manages to somehow dodge the attack as if he knew it was coming. In an instant, I quickly perform the Hidden Mist Technique and teleport to a different location in the mist.

It is at this moment I feel my hold on the curse mark slip. I feel the power within me grow slowly and try to suppress it. Ah Shiz! Hidden by the mist around me, I fall to my knees, grit my teeth and clench the curse mark with my left hand. I manage to suppress it, barely, before I sense Dosu getting nearer to me, readying up his attack. I slowly stand and dispel the Mist Jutsu. Just as the mist clears, I perform five hand seals before whispering, "Wind Style: Great Breakthrough" taking a deep breath and blowing, infusing as much Chakra as I dared.

In an instant, I watch as Dosu quickly counter attacks this with his sound waves. The two Jutsus clash in the middle but neither breaks. They are both equal in strength. I try to add more Chakra to my Jutsu and manage to push the duel towards him, in my favor, but he fights back and pushes it back towards me. As I struggle to end this battle, I feel the curse mark once again flare up and take over. From the sudden rush of Chakra, the Jutsu greatly increases, rapidly overcoming Dosu's sound waves and sending him flying into the wall, smashing his sound mechanism in the process. I immediately dispel the Jutsu and fall to the ground clutching my head as I try to suppress the wild Chakra.

Kakashi's POV

I watch Kitami's match with great worry. I can see her struggle with the curse mark but am amazed by how well she is coping with it while also using up her Chakra. It is at the moment when she uses the Great Breakthrough Jutsu that I know she's pushed herself too far to win this match. I look to Sasuke to see him clenching his left shoulder struggling with suppressing it. In that short moment I'm distracted from the fight, the wind suddenly doubles in strength and immediately dies down a second later. At the receiving end is Dosu stuck in a wall, knocked out, and at the other end is Kitami.