Chapter 13: Chunin Exams BEGIN!! - Part One

Ohayo Minna!

I hope you enjoy this chapter. Please let me know about how I did and if anything doesn't make sense, please ask.

Shout out to SquidSnort for guessing correctly in the last chappy about what Kakashi told Kitami - Something you will be finding out real soon! ^-^ She's got a couple of awesome books in the works so go check her out!

I only own Kitami and any other new characters I introduce along the way. The Naruto world and characters all belong to their rightful owner, Masashi Kishmoto.

Hope you enjoy and please vote, comment and follow! \(^o^*)/

On with the Story!!!!! \ (><)/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kitami's POV

I should probably tell Sasuke what Kakashi told me yesterday...

"Eto... Onii-chan..." I start.

"Hn?"

"I thought I should let you know that I spoke to Kakashi Sensei yesterday about the Chunin Exams..."

"About?"

"I won't be on the same team as you," I say. He freezes and looks at me in shock and confusion. "He told me that only three man squads can enter for the Chunin Exams. Well, our team is a team of four. So, the Hokage along with the Village Elders decided it would be alright if I joined as a solo team since I am the strongest of the group." He is silent for a few minutes until I speak up again. "There is no rule, however, that we have to be enemies. I can still hang around our group, but I will just have to also act as my own team." More silence follows.

"Alright. If it's okay with you, then it's okay with me. Just, don't get hurt, alright?"

"Hai!" I smile.

After a bit of talking, Sasuke decides we can just spend our time walking around before heading off to the Academy. I teleport the both of us out of the compound into his apartment. We walk out the door and head to pick up some Dango before going to the Academy. We reach the academy just a little bit before 2:20 and wait around for Naruto and Sakura. They eventually turn up and we head in. After going up one flight of stairs, we stop over at room 201 to check out the commotion.

Just as we come nearer to them, we spot Izumo and Kotetsu bullying Neji's team. I watch as Kotetsu kicks Lee to the ground.

"So, are you sure you are going to attempt taking the Chunin Exam with that skill?" Kotetsu says in his transformed Genin state.

"Maybe it'd be best if you runts quit," Izumo says.

"You're green assed brats, after all."

"Please let us through," Tenten says innocently. She stands up against them and Izumo punches her back to the ground beside Lee.

I tune out for a while and instead, scan the crowd. I send out a small wave of Chakra and as expected, the only ones to be wary of are the gGenin from Neji's team. I spot Neji and flash a quick smile to him. He nods his head and the tip of his mouth quirks up ever so slightly before he reverts back to his expressionless face. We walk towards the door and Sasuke speaks up.

"A just argument. However, you will let me through," he says stepping up to them. "And could you also immediately undo this barrier created with Genjutsu? I have business on the third floor," he says, being the know-it-all he is.