Questions And Confessions

Start from the beginning

"So...it was all fake?"

"Don't tell me you actually fell in love with me?" he smirked.

"I'm trying to get some clarity so I can figure out if I want to beat your ass or not," they stated. "I have been stressing out ever since I met you last year over whether or not you were going to do something stupid and elaborate to break the two of us up and whether you would get your dad involved. You suck."

"I'm sorry," Jared frowned. "It was stupid of me to do, and I am sorry about it. I didn't realize it at first. It's always been more of a subconscious thing, so I just went along with it. I didn't mean to scare you."

"Well, you did." Crossing their arms, Blue huffed and rolled their eyes. "I have half the nerve to actually kick your ass right now."

"What does the other half say?"

Blue placed a hand over their uterus. "Not to," they murmured.

Jared gasped and ran his hands over his face and through his hair as he jumped up from the curb. "Oh, my gosh," he exclaimed, laughing heavenly. "You're pregnant."

"Shut up," Blue hissed, jumping up after him. "No one knows, and no one will know for a while, understand?"

"Your band doesn't know?"

"I don't even know. I just started throwing up this morning...and I did miss a period. I-I just don't want to get anyone's hopes up until I know for sure. They can't always tell right away."

"Blue, it's been...six, seven weeks since Andrew was in the hospital?" He grabbed their hand. "We need to go get you tested."

"Fine," they groaned, knowing it was better to check before they went home.

^^^

"How are you doing in there?" Jared called out.

"Do you really have to be hovering right now?" Blue called back. It was embarrassing enough to buy a pregnancy test with their partner's brother, but to have him scream from outside the convenience store's bathroom was even worse. "I have to wait a minute. Say something to distract me. Tell me about your company and your happiness."

"Well, like I said, I never was in love with you- The baby's not mine, keep moving," he yelled outside, causing Blue to laugh. "I never understood how happiness and freedom could be related."

"Sounds to me like you need to have a talk with your brother," Blue smirked. "You should lock yourselves in a bathroom and get high together."

"Yeah, yeah, like I ever could. He doesn't like me, remember? He hates me."

Blue opened the bathroom door and peeked their head outside and shrugged. "I like you."

"Really?"

They nodded. "I may be pissed at you for what you did and how you treated Andrew...but...I don't know, right now I'm liking you. You seem like a better person already, but it will take a lot more to officially stay in my good book. Just learn to be supportive of him and keep this happiness flow going. That's really all you're missing."

"I'm working on it," he nodded.

"I can tell."

He rolled his eyes. "Are you going to see what you got?"

^^^

Blue ate a bag of Doritos as they climbed back onto the bus. They sat down on the couch in their usual spot and stared out the window at nothing in particular.

Pregnant. They were pregnant. The idea of having kids one day was something they had thought of before. It was something Blue wanted, though not until later in life. Instead, they were pregnant while they were young, so they hoped to be able to one day open their school and continue to tour and make music in the meantime. Their life didn't have to end. Luckily, they seemed to be privileged enough to raise the child right, so long as Andrew didn't kick them out.