Please!

Y/N POV

Will she look at me like a weirdo? Will she not? She said she would stay together, didn't she? We're loyal together, aren't we?

These insecurities won't leave me alone. I went to school, looking down, not looking at her. "Y-Y/N-" I heard as if Jihyo called me but I must be dreaming. I continue looking down, certainly looking like as if I'm daydreaming and still down.

I keep on frowning due to the fact that Jihyo blue ticked my message and act as if it didn't happen. We went to a different spot of places in our studio room to practice, Jihyo was on the opposite side of mine while I just daze while holding onto the paper I prepared.

" 자 이로와//Ja I-lowa(hey, come here) " our lecturer ask us to gather around him. "You guys know that Jihyo and some others compete with each other right? " Everybody just lazily answers a short 'yes' to him " there's only 3 of them will continue" he cleared his throat. "Jeongyeon, Nayeon and the last one was.. " he trails off as he scans for the last person. He smiles, " Jihyo"

I was still looking down but I was smiling, nobody saw my smile. I rub the smile off as I look at the lecturer. "The rest that help them to set up the place, I really thank you, guys. I owe you guys a meal. The rest of the classmate, have you guys prepare your project? " Everybody groans as they were lazy but majority almost finish their project.

"Seems like I did give you guys enough time to actually finish it, so the real day you going to perform is next week" he then clean up the paper that he wrote down to tell us. " that's all for today, have a good rest" he stood up and walk away. " Ya Y/N have you pick a song?' I look at Miyeon who constantly approach me with sympathy more like she's used to it. I nod, " but I don't know if its good or not... I don't think there's much people know this song... " I rub my nape.

She smiles and pats my back, " I'm sure you will pull it off, I'm looking for it! " she stood up and walk away. I sigh.

Will I?

I stood up and walk away after that short period of the lesson. As soon as I walk off the studio, I plug in my earpiece and put the song that I'm going to practice on repeat. It was definitely was slow and has deep words behind it. I practice on the notes of the ukelele, acting like I was playing it while I sing softly, following the song.

"Missing your face, your touch

Missing your lips and your love~

Missing every little bit of you.."

(Psst... I change the lyric a bit since Y/N and Jihyo had never had the relationship at the level of kissing before so I change the second sentence)

I hummed after those words, reminiscing the memories that have been made. Without me knowing, Jihyo was behind me. She heard what I sang earlier but she decide to just follow me from my back without getting caught by me. We took the bus, I sat in the middle of the bus while she walks past me and sat behind me. I took a nap with the song that has been on repeat.

~~~
Our stop is almost here, she stood up and stand near the exit, in front of me. "Jihyo? " I mumble. We exit and this time, it was me who walk behind. " wait, Jihyo ah" I took out my earpiece. She stops and turns, " yes? " I sigh, " Don't you have something to say? Are you avoiding me? " I ask in frustration because this thought had been bothering me too much. She furrows her eyebrow, " shouldn't I ask you that? "

"What? "

"Don't you.. Have something to tell me? "

"I-i don't-"

"I thought you said you would tell me after my competition?"

"I want to but Jihyo ah. I still don't think its the right time besides it not that important to you either" I lied. "Right.. not important for me. I hate people hiding things from me" those words made me frown out of a sudden. "I will, probably soon" I weakly smile.

I might not tell you, Jihyo ah... I don't think you could accept it.

"Fine.." she straight away turns, feeling disappointed. " arraso! I will tell you but don't be shock as you wanted to know so much" I tell her since I defeated by her. I took a deep breath and stay close to her, enough space for her to freak out and move back. "The truth is that.." I trailed off as I rub my nape, looking down. " I.. I like you" I look at her with fear in my eyes.

As expected, she was shocked and took a few steps back. " t-that can't be t-true right? I know you're joking! Stop joking Y/N ah.." she chuckles nervously.  "i-i'm telling you the truth, Jihyo ah" I sigh. She then trembles with betrayal.

" I knew you would react this way that's why I kept quiet and not talk about this. Have you not think about why I would or I want to protect you by being your pole or your bodyguard? You always called me a paparazzi since I took a lot of your photos, have you not think of it?" she is at loss of words. " I always sacrifice my time and always wait for you once you're done with school-"

" I didn't ask you to wait for me either!"

"that's because I wanted to! Not because you ask me to" I half yell at her. She suddenly tears up and took more step backwards.  "Jihyo ya... Please don't distance yourself from me" I put my hands out, trying to reach for her but she dodges. "please... I cherish you more than others, it's rare for me to take care of other people like how I care for you"

She shed tears and run away. "Jihyo ya!" I shout while my voice breaks.

"great" I stomp my feet and walk home, downcast. I head to my room and ignore Chaeyoung and Mina in the living room, lovey-dovey on the sofa.

" what do I do.." I mumble. " I don't know what to do without you now.." I run my hands through my hair as I shake in fear and sadness. I bawl my eyes out till it's puffy and red.  " paboya.. Stop thinking about it!" I grunt. " I think this will stop my thoughts" my side eye saw a shiny object. I avert my eye to the object and pull it out.

" I guess this.. Will help me stop thinking about it" I fake a smile. Just as I start to cut, Chaeng broke into my room. "YA EONNI!" She yells and took away the scissors.

"oh my God. It's deep though" Mina was aghast. "ya! Are you an idiot?!" she yelled at me again even though she's a little bit away from me. I suddenly shed a tear as I look on the floor. She then softens and sat beside me, pulling my head on her shoulder, patting my back as I shed tears even more.

~~~~
"what?!" she yells in the middle of treating my wound. " quiet down" I talk softly as my throat suddenly was in pain. " so you had feelings for Jihyo all this while? And you confess to her?!" I groan and look away. "wow.. Your sister is brave and straightforward" Mina fits in. " now what should I do" I ask.

" what can you do? She rejected you and you think things will go normal? Aye, stop dreaming! She would definitely treat you differently now" she sighs and finishes treating my wound.

" yea. You're right"

" what?"

" I don't think she will treat me the same now" I sigh. " thanks for treating my hand. You can go now" I slip myself in my blanket and cover myself. "but you haven't eaten!" she insisted but I ignore her. Mina knew I needed space so she pulls Chaeng out of my room and continues whatever it is that is necessary for them.

" I miss you Jihyo ah" I shed tears again as I fall asleep

To be continued