XIII. Cursed Romance

Alice had no answer for what was she to say? The fact that she was not trying to kill him for what he did was answer enough. She turned her head to find his mouth and when she did, her arms went over his shoulders, wrapping around his neck as she indulged in the taste of him.

His hands hastily worked on the front buttons of her nightdress as he led her to the bed. They did not lie down gently. The bed squeaked in complaint as they fell and tumbled, both breathless from the kiss. But Alice barely heard it as blood rushed to her ears in anticipation to what was coming.

"You can be loud," he whispered in her ear as his hand found one breast. Alice fought the whimper that threatened to escape her throat by biting on his shoulder. "You can be loud, darling," he whispered hotly against her ear, his tongue tracing the lobe.

Her nightdress was pulled down to her waist, exposing her to him. Harold gave her another shattering kiss before he pulled her up to straddle his lap. His hands shook as he caressed her bare back. It was not gentle but it did not hurt either. They stopped at the side of her breasts, his thumbs moving up and down to tease.

A moan escaped her lips as his mouth descended down her throat.

"Undress me," he ordered before he bent his head to claim one nipple into his mouth.

Alice gasped in pleasure and surprise. She took a sharp breath as his mouth ravished her breast. Her head fell back and he pulled her closer to him just as when she was about to fall back on the bed.

His mouth returned to hers, sharing her taste with his tongue. "No, not yet, darling," he murmured against her mouth. "Undress me."

Alice's hands were shaking. She hated being ordered, but if undressing him was the only way she could fall back into that mattress, then she shall. She did not bother with the buttons. She pulled and caused them to fly and skip across the floor, opening his shirt in one fluid motion.

His head snapped to look up at her, eyes wide. "What the bloody hell—I do not have enough clothes—"

"You did not say please," she said, pressing closer to his exposed chest. A small moan escaped her, finally felt the feel of his skin.

Buttons finally forgotten, Harold pushed Alice on her back. He trapped her body by maintaining his position between her legs. His emerald green eyes locked with hers, he hastily stripped himself of his shirt. Next, he loosened his trousers.

"I will do it properly again later, darling," he almost growled as he bent down to capture her mouth. Then he was nibbling on her breast again. His hand pulled the skirt of her nightdress to her waist, exposing her drawers and that, too, was discarded in haste.

Alice could no longer help the cry that escaped her throat.

"I promise I will do it properly later," Harold whispered harshly in her ear. She squired and moaned louder as his fingers found her. Alice could feel the muscles of his shoulders bunch as though he was fighting something. "Are you ready, Alice? Tell me now," he whispered in her ear, his breath hot and damp.

Alice moaned senselessly as his hips jerked against her. She felt it. She felt his raw arousal courting its way inside her.

She knew how it was done, but she never imagined it to be this good.

No wonder the moaning from the other room was not stopping.

"Now, Alice," Harold prodded once again. His voice sounded begging. "Tell me now before it's too late, please."

Alice could only whimper as she felt the pressure. Lifting her knees higher to give him more space was answer enough.

Harold growled above her, muscles bunched and eyes closed.