Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

Not too long after Brooke screamed and ran out of the studio, Abby walked in. Brooke was in the bathroom, preparing herself for class, but Abby had enough. She took the nearest chair that they were using and threw it as hard as she could on the ground. Maddie and Chloe jumped back, both hugging on a different boy. Chloe was with Nick and Maddie with Brandon.

“Why is she such a cry baby?!” Abby screamed.

“She’s not…” Paige squeaked out, trying to stand up for her sister.

Abby eyed Paige, “And you’re a loud mouth! You always have something to say, don’t you? You and your sister…” Abby shook her head.

Kelly also shook her head in the viewing room. Christi rolled her eyes and Melissa hid her face. Holly thought, Why are you such an uneducated woman? Kelly began to get up as Abby screamed. Kelly smoothed down her dress. Melissa nodded at Kelly. Without having to say a word, the women knew what Kelly was about to do.

“All she does is cry and cry and cry and she never ever smiles, or at least I never see it!” Abby screamed. “She’s a brute and Kelly is enabling her to be like that! Do you girls want to be like Brooke? Crying all the time and always involved with drama? Do you ladies want a hurt back and a broken heart? Don’t be like Brooke!”

“You go, Kel.” Christi calmly said as Kelly walked down the stairs to the dancers den.

Kelly barged into studio A. And boy, was Kelly about to explode. Kelly had taken twelve years of Abby screaming at Brooke, and quite frankly she had enough. Kelly properly fixed the chair and guided all of the kids out except for Nick and Brandon. As Paige walked out, Kelly placed a kiss on the top of her blonde head. Kelly’s flats tapped on the dance floor as she made her way over to the big black cloud of Abby Lee Miller and the two boys. Kelly crossed her arms and as politely as she could, she was going to rip them a new one.

“You bitches are nothing but little pricks who love to bully little girls. Brooke just cried her heart out because of you.” Kelly pointed and Brandon. “Brooke is the happiest girl in the world. She prances around at home singing and dancing, but when she gets here, you scare her and yell at her so much, she’s afraid to be happy. She’s afraid to be herself and smile and laugh. And all those little girls out there are dying to be Brooke. Paige told me that Maddie even said that she wanted to be like Brooke!”

“I don’t know why!” Abby threw her hands in the air. “There’s nothing special about her.”

“Really…” Brandon mumbled under his breath. To look like a good boyfriend, he thought of something sweet and then said, “Brooke is beautiful. I want to be like her. That came out wrong…”

Kelly went on, “Brooke is beautiful and such a talented dancer. Every boy from ten miles around is trying to get her to notice her. She got a note in her locker that she didn’t even know who it was from! I wish I was like Brooke when I was fourteen, nearly fifteen years old!”

Nick backed away, seeing as none of this had to do with him. He walked out of the studio as Abby, Brandon, and Kelly screamed at each other. Kelly started to insult Abby. Nick opened the door and slid out, hoping none of the girls were right there next to the door. Chloe and Paige ran to Nick. He hugged them both, one at a time. He hugged Chloe and then he moved to Paige. He hugged Paige for a little longer than he did Chloe. He maneuvered through the crowd of the entire junior company in the dancers den and met Brooke on the other side. He scooped her up into his arms.

“What’s going on?” Brooke asked, hugging back.  

Nick shook his head, “Nothing…Just, I need to tell you something.”