Chapter 24: Tainted Purity

Start from the beginning

"Did you stalk her!?"

My voice got a little deeper-

"No! It's not what you are thinking about, I'm am just, you know, keeping an eye on her."

I got up because I did not have any more time. But gave him a last warning.

"I'm not dropping this, but I need to go! "

I started to run at full speed even if I didn't need to, the pack house wasn't that far from our mansion but we never know. I really need to talk to Jess.

...

"Jess!"

I cried out her name with a firm grip on her hand. As expected, her expressions were defined by that gaze, a gaze holding hatred.

"Release my hand, right away."

I did what she ordered me too but she had to give me my answers.

"I will, right away. But first, promise me that you won't run away and will answer me."

I might have used my alpha tone on her. I knew I shouldn't have but I shouldn't forget that I was dealing with an alpha female.

She glared at me but eventually calmed down, when she looked composed enough, I let her go and started:

"Why are you ignoring me and why do you look at me-"

I couldn't even finish that I was cut violently.

"Why didn't you wait for your mate?"

Her harsh voice denounced my past and my flaws and may be the cause of my downfall.

I was also taken aback, nobody knew till now. How could she?

"How do you k-"

She was getting impatient and cut me once again.

"Does it matter? You are our alpha so act like one! If you can't follow the rules, do you really think people will respect you?"

Gosh, that was hard. She will make a better alpha than my pathetic self but I had my reasons too.

"You don't know what I went through. Dina was here and supported me the whole tim-"

"And sucked you when you needed. Guess that's what-"

How could she disrespect to that point?

"Jess! You may be my sister but I'm your alpha and you have to respect me. What happened between Dina and-"

"And the other whores."

The devil added.

"Jessica Gloria Rider these are none of your business!!"

She was tiring, arguing with her was nearly impossible.

"Yes, you are right. They do not concern me but it does concern Serah. Your destined mate if I may add."

So it was about her. Her newfound and favorite sibling.

"Please, do not intervene. I'll tell her when-"

A scoff interrupted what I wanted to say.

"What she knew the second she saw Dina."

Her mocking tone was unnerving but something else gained my attention. Serah knew about my past habits and it was going to be harder than I thought to gain her trust.

"How did she, I mean she doesn't look like-"

She had the answer, so she didn't bother to wait for my next question.