No Promises, But No Intentions

Start from the beginning

"Hey, allow me to take it for you," an older gentleman said. He flashed a kind smile, and the fan willingly gave their phone to him. Once he took a few snaps, he gave the phone back to them and smiled as the fan walked away.

"Thanks for that, sir," Blue said, smiling at him.

"It wasn't free," the man said. He pulled out his wallet and showed Blue his ID. "I'd like to talk to you if you don't mind."

Nodding tentatively, Blue followed the man to a table in the back of the V.I.P. section. "I must say," Blue said as they sat down, "that when I pictured you, I didn't peg you as the club attender type. Then again, I guess it makes sense that you would be in a V.I.P.- Is that Jennifer Hudson?" they gasped.

"Blue," the man stated, snapping his fingers in front of their face, "we're here to talk about my son."

"Which one? Andrew or Jared, because I've met them both."

"Who do you think?" he deadpanned.

"Either one. I'm dating Andrew, but let's not forget I did get Jared high in a hotel bathroom."

"And why would you do that?" he calmly asked.

"Vengeance, honestly. You should lock your boys in a bathroom and have them get high. Maybe that way they'll actually be forced to address their issues and come to an understanding about one another."

"I'd appreciate it if you didn't tell me how to parent."

"I'm not telling how to parent, I'm suggesting a way to help your sons get along better. Maybe that way Andrew won't find the idea of going back home to be a nerve-wracking event he has to plan a month in advance for," Blue spoke in nonchalance as they tilted their head to him. "I know I might be behaving rudely right now, but I can assure you I'm merely looking out for my partner."

"And I am currently looking out for my son. I don't want you dating him."

As taken aback as Blue was, they refused to show it. They didn't know much about the man, only the biased opinions of what both Andrew and Jared had told them. He was ruthless, unsensitive, and dominate. It didn't bother Blue. There were two sides to every coin, and they intended to play in whatever antics he wanted until they could convince him that they belonged with Andrew.

"I'm sorry, sir, but I refuse to break up with him," they stated.

"You will break up with him," he commanded.

"In all due respect, Mr. Parker, I refuse," they emphasized. "I am in love with your son. I love him more than I have ever loved anyone else in my life. He helps me, and I help him. Because of him, I am a more vocal person, and I have begun to do what will make me happy, not just everyone else around me. Maybe if it was two years ago, then I would have agreed, but the past two years of getting to know your son and be with him have been the best years of my life. I have no intentions of slowing down. I love your son, and he loves me."

"For how long? How do I know you won't leave him or he won't leave you? Promise me that, and I will leave you alone," he promised.

Blue shook their head. "You see, you're tricking me, because we both know I can't. I can't promise I'll never cheat on him or leave him or ever do anything bad in regards to our relationship, but I can damn well assure you that I have zero intentions of doing any of that right now. As of now, I have no intentions to leave him, cheat on him, lie to him, or hurt him. If I do, then I do. But I am in love with your son and don't want to hurt him. Why can't that be enough?"

Mr. Parker inhaled and sat up straight, adjusting his suit jacket as he did so. "I must say, I like your response. Your honesty is a strength, but it can also be a weakness if not used appropriately."