Undercover in High School {Prologue}

{Prologue}

"Over here! Over here!"

Click. Flash. Click. Flash.

"What are your plans for the future?"

Sounds were buzzing around me in chaos. Sometimes it could definitely be overwhelming, but today I just shrugged it off. Until I saw the little girl...

She was getting mushed against the rope by the other reporters, photographers, fans, and what not, looking lost. There was a piece of paper and a pen in her tiny hands.

Now, I usually try to avoid signing autographs at things like this, it's just too much commotion. I'd rather just get in the limo and go home as fast as I could. But this girl was too cute to resist.

I stopped near her and bent down so I was level with her, "Hey sweetie. Do you wan't me to sign that?" I asked looking at the paper she was holding in her outstretched arms.

"Yes please." She said in an angelic, but shy, voice.

I gave her a smile as I took the paper and signed my name in messy cursive. Who would have ever guessed people would want this to treasure? It was amazing how fast things could change I thought as I handed the girl back her piece of paper, giving her one last smile before getting up and continuing my walk to the limo.

Not that I was actually going to make it that far.

Before I had time to process what was happening, I was on the ground, my body guard on top, and there was the unmistakable sound of a gun shot.

People started screaming, trying to get away from who ever was holding the gun, while I could do nothing.

My body guard rolled off of me, "You okay?"

"Yeah." I nodded, standing up and grabbing his hand to pull him up. But I stopped when I saw him wince and his other hand fly to his side. There was blood pooling around his fingers, "Oh my god, Lyric!" He fell backwards onto the already red carpet.

"Hey, I'm okay. Just a bullet." He attempted to give me a smile, but it didn't work.

There was so much, the rug was starting to change from red to blood red. Where was an ambulance or someone else? I felt tears start to fall down my face. "No, you can't be shot. You can't die on me. Not like mom and dad." I was now sobbing as I buried my face in his chest. I could feel myself start to hyperventilate.

"I'll be fine." His voice was faint and I could barely hear it.