Undercover in High School {Chapter 16}

Chapter 16

                How could I have forgotten? I was Rose, famous actress. Being kidnapped, obviously, had blown my cover. Everyone, especially the paparazzi, now knows everything.  This is why I should not have been surprised to see hoards of paparazzi surrounding the hospital.

                As soon as the hospital doors opened, the cameras and people started to go crazy. Screaming, flashing, everything seemed to be happening at once. It was just too much all at once. I felt my heart and breathing speed up, dark blotches started to fill my vision and I started to get a bit lightheaded.

                Sam noticed first, while pulling a big U-turn and going back into the still open elevator doors “Don’t worry. They can’t enter the hospital. I had called for backup; they were supposed to make sure this didn’t happen. If you’d prefer we can just wait in your room until they get rid of everyone.”  Through my clouded vision I could see how concerned he was.

                I just nodded. Normally I could handle all this. But I was still weak and tired, bright lights still made my head spin and made me feel sick from being locked in the dark for so long. However, on the flip side, the dark terrified me. I had horrible nightmares, in reality, I was a horrible mess. I tried to hide it from Sam and Lyric, but they knew. They were not there when my blood curling screams woke me up in the middle of the night; the doctors were though, so I am assuming they let it slip to the two boys.

                After a small discussion on the phone the three of us made our way back into the hospital room I had been recovering in.

***********************

                The next few months passed without too much excitement, which was perfect with me. I had had enough excitement to last me a lifetime.

                Lyric and I ended up selling the house that we had lived in while hiding from the people who had tried to kill me. We moved back to the west coast, into a very secluded beach house where no one could find us.

                I decided to take a long break from acting, I most definitely was in need of some rest and relaxation, along with therapy – both physical and mental – and we needed to be one hundred percent positive that everyone that was after me was in jail.

Which is why Sam had come along with us.

                I am pretty positive that he had pulled some strings, but it was fine by me. Slowly, but surely, we had started to build a relationship. A few dates here and there, night time picnics on the beach, and more.

                Being the protective older brother Lyric was, he made it clear he was not thrilled, but deep down I could tell he was happy. I know that he was worried about me, he seemed to be waiting for me to break down and become a huge, unfunctionable, mess ever since the incident, but with him and Sam kept me strong without realizing it.

                Sure, I had a few problems, but I was working through them and trying to stay strong. Right now, my only real worry is what the days ahead will hold and if Sam and mine’s relationship will end up working out.

                I almost felt like a normal teenage girl for once.