"Nothing of the sort, indeed!" his son Justin exclaimed. "They put my bed on the lake and set me adrift! I nearly drowned!"

"Oh, don't be such a drama queen," Savannah crossed her arms, mimicking the commanding pose of Beta Benny.

"It was perfectly safe. We kept an eye on him the whole time," Alpha Kaiden hurried to explain.

"Yeah, and it was for Savannah's birthday. She begged us to help her pull off this prank. How could we say no?" Benny said, ruffling her hair. Savannah grinned up at him, innocent gratitude radiating from her face while Justin's remained dark and scowling.

Chesca couldn't hold in the giggle that escaped past her lips. Once she saw the prank for what it was, the situation was totally hilarious. And once Justin's arms were free, he darted from his mum to Savannah.

"Happy birthday, Alpha," he smeared the seaweed from his own hair into Savannah's, completing her bedraggled look. Then he ran from the house, with his best friend—or was she now enemy?—screeching and chasing after him at lightning speed.

Chesca shook her head and threw up her hands, at a complete loss. Yet she couldn't wipe the smile off her face. Her family and friends were so precious to her, and she wouldn't trade them and the funny times they all had together for anything in the world.

"It's all a bit of fun, right Beautiful?" Kaiden placed a light peck on her cheek, and Chesca turned to meet his lips.

"Right. Brings back memories of when a certain someone got thrown off the cliff," she smirked, still recalling the attitude Kaiden had sloshed out of the lake with. By her recollection, the dark glint in his eyes had only made him all the more handsome and desirable.

"Yeah, and I especially love the way you reacted when I got you back for it. You didn't speak to me for three hours afterwards," Kaiden's hands ran up and down her back, massaging her stressed muscles and igniting her skin with electricity.

"You just can't admit that hot chilli sauce in the ketchup bottle was a stupid idea, can you? I didn't speak to you because my mouth was numb from being on fire!!"

"Yeah, we all know that's just your excuse—"

"Okay, you guys are cute and all, but we've got a party to plan."

The Alphas were interrupted from their banter by Kira, and Kaiden glared at the petite yet strong Beta female with good nature before placing one last kiss on his mate.
"We'll be back later to cook the barbecue. See ya, Hon."

"Oh yes, we'll see you," Chesca shared a smirk with Kira, already planning ways to show the two powerful males just who was in charge of pranks around here.

After Kaiden and Beta Benny left to commence the daily training schedule, their mates began decorating the house and finished preparing food for Savannah's party. Turning twelve was a special milestone in her young life, and Chesca felt so proud of the strong and independent woman she was growing into.

"Mum, is it okay if I put a frog in Justin's water bottle? I just found him down by the creek! Isn't he so cute?"

Okay, scratch mature. Savannah may be strong and smart, but she could certainly be crazy sometimes.
And Chesca loved her so fiercely because of it, she felt torn between wanting her daughter to grow up yet never changing the way she was.

"Absolutely not!"

"But Mum!!"

"No buts. You don't want Justin to choke and end up in hospital with frog poisoning, do you?"

Savannah shrugged, almost happy at the idea as she smiled at the slimy green frog in her palms. "All the more cake for us."

"Seriously?" Chesca rubbed the ache in her lower back and looked at her daughter incredulously. "Just put the little frog back in his home, then go get yourself cleaned up. We need to have an early breakfast so we can tidy up this place."