Chapter 1

I wake up screaming.

I realize I'm in my foster parents house. My parents died last month actually. That's why I still have horrible nightmares about them.

Well back to the story

Caleb and I share a room because my foster parents aren't the richest people. He scurries to my side and starts crying with me. We don't have the best life well I don't have the best life. My foster dad beats me until I pass out. I'm not even kidding its awful.

Tomorrow I start at divergent high. I'm so nervous. If someone sees my scars, even by accident, my dad will hurt them too, but worse. Also, I won't really make any friends.

-:-:-Time Lapse-:-:-

BEEP BEEP BEEP

I turn it off and reluctantly get out of bed. For some reason I wake up craving animal blood. Ew.

I go to my bathroom and change into a zebra print shirt that covers my lash scars and some jeans. I go to the mirror to see my teeth because they hurt so bad. What I see blows my mind to another world.

I, Beatrice Prior, have fangs. No wonder I'm starving for blood and I felt so weird at night.

Caleb starts pounding on the door

"Hurry up I need to pee"

For some reason I get mad.

My hair bursts into flames. Uh oh don't tell me I have powers now too. I guess I'll find out later.

"I'm coming"

I put water on my hair to calm it down. I get out and hide my mouth.

"Finally" he yells.

-:-:-Time Lapse-:-:-

I get to school and run straight to the office. My fangs aren't so noticeable, but better safe than sorry.

"Hi I'm Beatrice Prior I need my schedule and my locker combination."

"Sure here you go" she hands me a piece of paper.

"Thanks" I read her name tag "Mrs.Reyes"

*Four pov*

I get to school and go up to the gang.

"Hey guys" I say

A chorus of hi's and welcome back go around. All of a sudden we see a girl with blonde hair running down the halls.

"Hey guys look at the new girl" I say laughing.

"Don't laugh it's rude" Christina yells

The girl comes out of the office holding a piece of paper.

DING!

The bell goes off.

"Well bye guys" I say.

As I'm going to class I bump into that new girl. She looks beautiful but I can tell she's just a slut dressing to impress. I don't want a slut all over me so I have to show her that I don't want to date her.

"Im so sorry I -

"Yeah you better be" I say and head to class. I feel like I did a pretty good job scaring her off.

*Tris pov*

Uhh I'm so mad at that kid. Uh oh I feel my hair hot. I run to the bathroom and sprinkle water on it so it cools down. The flames come to a stop and I head to class.

I'm late to class and the only free seat is next to that boy.

"Care to explain why you are late Ms. Prior"

"Sorry I uh couldn't find the class."

"It's okay"

I go and take a seat but when I'm about to sit down that mean dude pulls the chair and I fall straight on my butt. Wtf?

I'm infuriated. I feel my hair hot and I take the chair and put it over my head. After a good two minutes my hair cools down and I actually take a seat on the chair.

When that disgusting fifty minutes of hell is over, a girl comes up to me.

"Hey I'm Christina" she says

"Tris" I say a little silently so my fangs don't show.

"Do you want to sit with me at lunch?"

"I'm sorry but I'm eating alone"

"You know it's not a choice so you're eating with me. Got it?Ok" she says.

"Okay okay fine" I say holding my hands up in mock surrender.

-:-:-Time Lapse-:-:-

It's finally time for lunch and Christina is practically dragging me. When we get to the cafeteria, she runs up to her friends and introduces me.

"Tris this is Four, Marlene, Uriah, Zeke, Lynn, Will, and Shauna." She says pointing to everyone.

A chorus of hi's go around.

"Hey Christina I'm sorry but I can't sit here" I say running off.

*Four pov*

"Okay who here did something to piss her off" Christina angrily says

I raise my hand.

"And why" she says making me a face.

"Because she looked like a slut and you know how sluts are in me so I showed her I dont care" I say

"You're always so full of your self Four! You don't even know her. She is so nice, and now you scared her off! Great going Four!" Christina screams. At me. I go pale to the face.
What have I done?