Chapter 37

Tobias pov (surprise!)

I look at where my mate stood just a second ago.

Dammit.

I groan in frustration and tug at my hair. She can't do this.

What if I lose her?

The new feeling of my wolf rushes to the surface, and I let out a loud growl.

"Everybody in the living room in exactly 5 minutes!" I shout. My temper was getting the best of me. What if I lose her?

Just like I had ordered, everyone was sitting down patiently in the living room, panic evident on their faces. They had lost a pack member, and now they might even lose their alpha female.

"As you guys know, a pack member was killed this morning." I say. When I look around, I see some people wiping their eyes and nose.

"Also, your alpha female sacrificed herself for your lives, she went straight into the hands of the people responsible for this murder." Some people gasped. Did they not know? Oh well.

"We need to come up with a plan to get our alpha back!" I say sternly, earning some cheers and whoops. The people in this room love their alpha, so I know that they won't disappoint me.

"We will start the search immediately, but for now I want my betas in my office. Everyone else, get ready for war." I say, nodding at the small crowd. Everyone has determination set onto their faces. They want revenge and justice, but most of all, they want their alpha back.

I head over to my office, Katniss and Peeta trailing behind me.

"Before we do anything stupid, you need to remember that this is Tris we're talking about, so we will come up with this plan rationally, we don't want anyone else to get hurt." Katniss says, closing the door behind her.

"Okay, so I was thinking, and we could use this as the plan." Peeta says, grabbing a map from the shelf.

"We start here at the border of the city, and then the pack will close in, in a circle formation." I nod my head in approval.

This was going to be hard, but I need my mate at my side. She's everything to me. She's the reason I'm living, the reason I wake up in the morning, the reason I live.

I don't know what I would do without her, my beautiful white wolf mate.

-:-:-:-

The first day was unsuccessful.

The second day was hell.

By the fourth day, I was ripping my hair out of my scull.

I didn't know what to do, and I was going mad. Every once in a while, I could feel a pain in the cheek or in my nose.

The fifth day was the worst.

I was at school. If I missed any more days I would be expelled, so I had to attend. It all started during third period, I felt pain in my wrists. My mate was in handcuffs. I was in math class, when all of a sudden I felt a pain so great in my leg it made me double over in pain. What were they doing to her?

I had to rush to the bathroom so no one would see my tears. This was probably just a sliver of what my mate was feeling.

As I was about to head out of the bathroom, I ran back in. My abdomen was searing in pain so badly I actually collapsed onto the floor. I screamed in pain. I actually had to look under my shirt to check that I wasn't bleeding.

I could feel her emotions, anger, fear, and sadness. She was hopeless, until that one time, I could feel adrenaline coursing through my body so grand I felt like running an entire marathon.

At that moment I knew that she had succeeded in something. I was proud of her.

It is currently the sixth day since she was taken. I felt useless. People started asking where she was, our little group to be more specific. I had to make up that she was sick.

I slam my fists onto the monogamy table in frustration. Everything leads to a dead end. I didn't want risk the lives of my pack members, so we had to call off the investigation.

I look around the room, hoping that the answer would just appear out of thin air and making everything easier.

A tear falls down my left cheek, and not long after that, several tears cascade down my face.

I quickly wipe off my tears when I hear someone open the door to my office. Thomas walks in, and when he sees the state that I am in, he runs to me and gives me a hug.

"Don't worry, alpha, she's strong, and we'll find her." He says, trying to soothe me.

I sob harder onto his shoulder. I haven't felt anything through the connection all day. What if she's dead?

Jace, Clary, Harry, and Teresa run into my room.

"Alpha, you're going to want to see this."

Wait whaaat? Two chapters in one day? Wow this is a miracle.

Don't get your hopes up just yet, the next chapter is going to be inteense.