Chapter 36

I can hear the voices before I open my eyes.

"I can't believe we actually got her."

"Are you serious? She's a dumb bitch, of course we got her."

The last comment makes my insides turn in annoyance, and my eyes snap open. A loud growl escapes my throat.

A short and lanky boy stands next to a tall and brooding one. The short boy's eyes are glinting in fear. I can't say the same about the talk one. He has a deep expresión on his face, but his eyes were stone like.

"So, Beatrice Prior," I cringe at my real name. "We killed your parents, now it's our turn to kill you." His eyes shift from yellow to orange.

A growl escapes my throat, which ends up with me getting slapped.

My hands are tied behind my back in strong handcuffs. I start warming up my hands to melt them.

"You, my friend, are a worthless bitch." A punch to the face.

I spit out the blood in my mouth. My face throbbed with pain.

The handcuffs holding my hands together are starting to melt.

Another shifter walks into the room, the same one that injected the needle into my neck in the fight.

This mother fucker is going down.

The room starts to stink of burned metal. Oh no, they're going to find out.

I immediately cool my hands, hoping to conceal the scent that the almost burned cuffs were giving off.

This is bad, really really bad.

Tee smirk on the man that just entered the room drops. Oh no, he noticed.

"You bitch!"

He's behind me in an instant, inspecting the metal that is keeping my hands together.

He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a syringe.

He plunges the sharp needle into my neck.

-:-:-:-

I wake up in a different room, this one with walled placed much closer together. No one would be able to hear me scream.

I look down, my hands are covered with silver.

A wolf's weakness.

Dammit.

I try to use my powers, but nothing happens.

What? What is happening?

My mind spins for answers, but this just ends in a headache.

The man that injected me opens a door and walks into the room.

"Wondering why you can't use your powers?"

I try to escape the cuffs, but my wrists sear in pain. I look at my hands, red marks rim my wrists.

Ouch.

My kidnapper laughs at my pain.

"I am going to enjoy killing you so much."

He pulls out a knife, twirling it in his hand.

The first thought that comes to my mind is, wow, that's actually a pretty cool knife. But then I realize that this is really happening. And then I know that I'm going to die at the hands of this monster.

No, at some point I will die, but not here, not here.

My eyes lift up, challenging the person in front of me. He reaches my body with the knife, tossing it from one hand to another, until it finally settles on his left hand.

Before I can comprehend what is happening, he pins me up against the wall with his right hand only.

How is he so strong? Stupid shape shifters.

The air quickly leaves my lungs, but a scream erupts from my mouth when his knife comes into contact with my thigh, causing blood to gush out.

I'm going to die.

The pain in my leg is unbearable. The man releases his hold on my neck and drops me into the floor.

For a couple of seconds I am blind, the pain so bad it spreads to my whole body.

A sinister laugh erupts from his throat.

"Oh, dear sweet Tris, we're barely getting started."

He reaches my body again, carving something into my abdomen with his stupid knife.

I scream until my lungs run out of air. The pain sears throughout my entire body. Black spots dot my vision.

How am I going to survive this?

I think about everything, my stepfather, my parents, my brother. I want to close my eyes.

But then I think of Tobias, my world, my love, and I know, that I can't leave him.

I struggle to keep my eyes open, but I know that I am strong. My kidnapper laughs and walks towards the door. I force my body to get up.

The adrenaline rushes through my body, I get up, almost fainting in the process.

Snow rises to the surface. I can feel her power coursing through my veins.

"Not today." I whisper to myself.

I rip the shackles apart, and with all the energy that I can muster, I teleport in front of my kidnapper.

His eyes shine with fear.

"Not today." I say to him.

"You sure are something, Beatrice. I hope that karma hits you in the gut."

And with that, I plunge the knife into his heart.

Whoaaah can you say intense?
Wow, I think I officially broke the record for how late I uploaded. Oh well.
Only a few chapters left in the book :/