Chapter 28

My mom and dad stand before me. This can't be real. I saw them die. I saw them collapse on the floor. I saw them take their last breath.

This cannot be real.

"Beatrice!" My mom shouts. "Aren't you excited to see us?"

Something is wrong.

"Umm... Yeah!" I go up to them and hug them.

Their eyes. They're yellow and green.

Shape Shifters.

They're shape shifter. Shape. Shifters.

A growl betrays me and escapes my mouth. "YOU KILLED MY PARENTS! YOU STUPID BASTARDS!" I scream, tears streaming down my face. They look at each other, nod, and look back at me.

"We killed them because they were important. Now, we heard something. A rumor." They start circling me. "A rumor, that you are a white wolf."

My face goes pale. Crap.

"Oh! So it is true! Boss is going to be happy. Ok, let's just get to the point. We have to kill you."

Well, I'm done.

"Fuck you." I spit out. I shift. Snow is mad, I'm mad.

Their faces go white, and they start running. I use my powers to create a barrier between them and the exit to the Forrest. Good, they are trapped. All I see is red.

Red trees.

Red flowers.

Red shape shifters.

I'm seething. They took my parents. I charge toward one shape shifter. I tackle him to the ground, and tear out a piece of his neck.

He's dead.

I advance on the next one. This one actually puts up a fight. He pushes and shoves me, but I end up killing him as well.

I end up shifting back and walking home. Sobs rack my entire body. My clothes are all torn up. I probably look horrible.

I open the door, and only Caleb is there. Once he sees the state i'm in, he immediately comes up to me and hugs me.

We embrace each other, and sobs rack my body. We stay in each other's arms, and I end up drifting off to sleep.

•:•:•:•

I wake up in my room, startled. The events of yesterday replaying in my head. Sweat covers my body, and I'm shaking. I take a deep breath, but it comes out shaky. I look over at my bedside clock.

5:57 a.m.

I decide to get out of bed, there's no way I can go back to sleep. I go over to my bathroom, and start a cold shower. My head is throbbing, and I'm hot as hell. My whole body is hot, actually.

'You're in heat, Tris.' Snow tells me.

'What is that?'

'Technically all you need to know is that you are going to be in a lot of pain, and it lasts for a week.'

'Shit.'

'Shit is correct.'

She blocks me out after our mini conversation, but I keep thinking on what she said. Heat? How much does it really hurt?

I get out of the shower, and change into a hoodie and some skinny jeans. I tie my hair up in a messy bun and put my sneakers on. An intense wave of pain crosses my whole body, and heat overpowers me. A groan of pain slips out of my mouth. This is going to be a long week. Not in the mood for any breakfast, I brush my teeth.

"Ah!" I scream. Waves of pain and heat consume my body.

This. Hurts.

I sigh and walk downstairs.

"Yo Tris are you okay?" My brother says alarmed. "You look pale." He studies my face.

"I-I'm f-fine." I say stuttering. He gives me a skeptical look, but shrugs it off. Wow what a great brother. Note my sarcasm.

I hear a honk come from outside. I grab my bag and start walking outside, but just when I'm about to go outside, Caleb calls my name.

"Tris! Wait a second."

"Caleb I need to go to school-"

"It's fast. Michelle is coming over to meet these foster parents. Well, foster parent. I need you to dress nicely, and be on your best behavior."

"Ugh fine. Can I go now?" I grab my head and stumble a little bit. This pain is unbearable. Caleb looks at me strangely, but he kisses my forehead and goes to the kitchen. I walk outside and get into Four's car.

"Hey Tris what's up?" He says leaning in for a kiss. He turns around, sees me, and jumps in his seat. "Tris are you okay? You're so pale! Are you feeling well?"

"I'm fine." I kiss him on the cheek.
"I don't think you are..."
"I said I'm fine, Four. Just drive." He gives into my wishes and starts driving. I lean my head against the window and close my eyes.

Another wave of pain and heat.

"Agh" I scream. Four stops the car. He jumps out and comes over to look at me. I take deep breaths, in and out. He studies my face.

"Four c-can we p-please go to school? If I don't feel well I'll tell you. Please?"
He looks at me questionably, but starts the car. "Thank you." I say quietly.

Once we get to school, I get out of the car and walk to Four's side. He gets out and puts his arm around my waist.
"It's not contagious. I know what it is."
"Oh ok." He visibly gets closer to me, and I let out a small giggle. He smiles at me, and continues walking. 

As another wave hits me, I realize it's just heat, not pain. My knees buckle a little.
"Wow, you okay?"
Well, I'm having waves of pain every five minutes, and it's going to last all week long okay? So no, I'm not fucking okay.
Is what I wanted to say.
"Yeah, I'm fine."

If I thought it was going to be a long week, I feel like the days are going to be longer.

A/N:
Haha lol I don't even know if that last part makes any sense.
GUYS I AM SO SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED IN AGES. SCHOOL IS HARD AND SO MANY PAPERS AND SO MANY EXAMS. AGHHH. BUT IM GOING TO MIAMI ON THURSDAY, SO YAY.

ANYWAYS,

I love you guys and thank you for your support! Oh, and I know I'm a little late, but I'm on season three of PLL, yasss. It's so good.

-Regina🌷