Chapter 16

Tris pov.

A slight tap on my shoulder wakes me up.

"It's time for school Bea." Caleb says softly into my ear.

I get up slowly. The nightmare of my parents deaths finally makes sense. Since I'm a supernatural creature, I know that I'm not crazy anymore.

I groggily walk over to my closet and pick out my outfit. I then walk over to the bathroom, do my hair, and add slight makeup. I walk downstairs and eat a banana really quickly. I speed to the bathroom to wash my teeth, and I hear the normal honk coming from outside.

"Bye!" I scream.

I walk out the door and over to Fours car.

"Hey." I say.

"What's up?" He replies.

"Nothing much you?" I say getting into the car.

"Nothing really." he says.

He starts the car and we start our way to school.

The ride was spent in silence. Not the awkward type, more like a nice, comfortable type.

"We're still in for Friday right?" I here Four ask next to me.

"Yeah sure, why are you asking?" I say.

"Nothing it's just I didn't know if you still wanted to go. " he says shyly.

I smile at him.

The rest of the car ride was spent in silence.

Once we get to school, we get out of the car and go inside. I get all of the necessary items for my next class. I walk over to Ms. Mathews class with Four next to me.

"Hello class, today we will be having a pop quiz. " Ms. Mathews says passing out the exam.

The entire class grunts.

I'm not really nervous or anything, I'm pretty good at math.

"Hey Tris!" Four whisper/ yells at me.

"What?!" I snap. If Ms. Mathews catches us, we're screwed.

"Can you help me?" He replies. Four is very stupid, he doesn't ever pay attention in class.

"No!" I say.

"Pleaseeee!" He whines.

I know I'm not going to get anywhere, so I finally agree.

"Fine!"

"Thank you so much Tris, I cannot afford to fail another exam."

"Please," I scoff, "you have enough money to buy- you know what, never mind, what do you need?" I reply.

"I need the answers." He says in a duh tone, not noticing the glare I'm giving him.

"You really think that I'm gonna give you the answers?" I reply in a duh tone.

"Uh yeah?!" He says in an even bigger duh tone.

"Well sorry, you've asked the wrong person." I say, my voice filled with sass. I turn around in my chair and start answering the exam. It's not really difficult. The only problem Four is facing is his big, stupid filled brain.

"Ug fine! Just please explain to me how to do it!" He pleads.

"What's the magic word?" I say teasing him.

"Please!" He replies

"That's a good boy." I say giggling. He looks at me in an angry way. This only makes me giggle more.

Throughout the exam, I give him pointers on how to do the problems. I'm really surprised Ms. Mathews didn't catch us. She is really bipolar sometimes, like I can literally say 'shit' really softly and she catches me. But then I can scream in her face without her noticing anything.

When we finish, Four and I hand in our tests. We walk back to our seats and pass notes for the rest of the period.

The rest of the day was really boring. Lunch was nothing eventful, classes were boring, I got a shitload of homework, and I went to work. I went for a run, and I came back home. Nothing special really.

I snap my pajamas on and climb into bed. Im really tired so Im going to sleep early.

:-:-:

The next day I wake up early and prepare myself for school. Tomorrow is Friday, and I'm really excited. I snap my fingers and my outfit substitutes my pajamas. I decide to leave my hair loose at my sides. I'm not really hungry, so I skip breakfast and brush my teeth. Since I didn't have breakfast, I have some extra time. I really don't know what to do, so I stay in my room and try to master my powers. My goal is to master the powers that are linked to my emotions, without actually having my emotions take control. I really don't care if I'm in mine and Caleb's room because he's a really heavy sleeper, and he's still asleep.

I giggle at his sleeping form. I honestly don't know how he manages to get to school on time.

I'm starting with the fear emotion, invisibility. The first thing I'm trying to think of is what causes that emotion. In my case, one of my fears is drowning. I picture a scene of me drowning, and I concentrate on it. I look down to see my feet disappearing, but they turn back as fast as they went. I try again, and again, and again, but I don't disappear completely. I start to get frustrated, but I hear the familiar sound of a care honking outside.

I straighten my hair and get my bag. "Bye!" I scream before walking out of the house.

I start walking towards Four's car. Once he sees me, he gets out of the car, and opens the door on my side. My bottom lip is practically on the floor. No boy - besides my father - has ever done that for me, not even my brother. Tears start to sting my eyes, but I quickly blink them away.

"Thank you, what a gentleman." I say giggling. I then get into his car.

"You're very welcome, malady." He says chuckling and going over to his side and getting into the car.

"Just to make things clear, you're not taking your wallet tomorrow." I say dead serious.

"You know that's not true, you know that's not gonna happen. " He says.

"I will decapitate you if you do."

A look of fear crosses his eyes as the words come tumbling out of my mouth.

"O-ok." he mumbles.

This is gonna be fun.