Chapter 33

READ AUTHRORS NOTE AT END!

Thanksgiving is today. 

Thanksgiving break started yesterday, and Tuesday after school, I went straight to the pack house. The entire second floor is done, with enough rooms for all the new pack members, and even some extra rooms in case new members join the pack. The third floor is going to consist of a big TV room, a game room, and some more rooms. Finally, the fourth floor is going to be mainly for the Alpha, the Beta, and the Third in Command. There will be offices for the three of us as well.

I lazily get out of my bed, a sigh escaping my mouth.

I have been pouring myself into my work, and I have decided to quick my job at Starbucks, mostly because I wasn't really attending it, also, the pay was really shitty.

I groggily climb into the shower.

When I get out, I tie my hair up in a bun and get dressed. I am completely out of tears. It's as if my body can no longer produce anymore. I walk out the front door, slamming it. My foster dad hasn't been present since Caleb left, and I haven't heard anything from the stupid boy I call my brother.

I bet my parents would be disappointed in him.

I decide to walk to the pack house today, needing the walk. Birds chirp around me, and the chilly evening breeze hits my body, hard. To my left, a jogger runs, and in front of me, a little boy is walking his dog. I smile at the little boy passing by.

As I turn a corner, the strong smell of wolf hits my senses. Immediately, I am on full alert. My eyes turn dark, and my claws extend slightly. My nose raised to the air.  My strong ears pick up their conversation.

"Thomas, you're making us too obvious."

"Don't worry, Teresa, we're fine."

"Do you smell that?"

"Shut up, Newt."

"You shut up, Minho."

"Both of you, shut it."

"Don't tell me what to do, Brenda."

"Oh my god, you guys are annoying"

"Chuck, pass me the water will you?"

"Sure."

"Guys, I think I smell it too."

"You too, Siggy?"

"I already told you, Alby, that my name is Frypan."

"Guys, you should really smell the air."

"Why the hell would I smell the air, Rachel. Don't be stupid."

"Gally, just shut up and listen for once."

"Aris, no- wait what?"

I round the corner to where they are. a group of about 10 wolves stand in front of me, faces stricken with fear.

"Who are you, and what are you doing on my land?" I say, my voice full of authority. A girl steps up, a wide smile on her face. "Hi, I'm Teresa. We recently escaped from an abusive pack, and we heard that you house runaways, so we were thinking that maybe, we can join your pack."

My claws retreat, my eyes change color, and my head drops slightly. "I would be happy, to have you guys join my pack, follow me."

All of the members follow me, each with a skip in their step.

Shortly after, we reach the pack house. "Go ahead, make yourselves at home." I say. They run towards the pack house, smiles on their faces and laughter surrounding them. Hermione comes up to me, "So, who are the newbies?"

***

Hey, Katniss, I'm going to the store to grab some dinner, I mean, it is Thanksgiving after all. I say through the link.

Yeah, don't worry, I'll take care of the new pack members. She replies. I smile and walk out of the door. I look back at the beautiful house and smile. It isn't finished yet, but I am very happy that I have had the opportunity to house and be a part of such an amazing group of people.

I start another walk, but this time it has a different destination, the supermarket. once I get there, I grab a cart and start looking for some lettuce to prepare some salad. I grab the  one that I want, and I head to the vegetable area, grabbing some tomatoes, carrots, cucumber, avocado, and mushrooms. I cringe at the sight of mushrooms, but Peeta and Clary seem to like them, so it's okay.

I walk to the salad dressing section, only to find it completely deserted of people. Well, in all honesty, who would want to be here on Thanksgiving, when they could be with their family. My shoulder sag in sadness. I think of my parents and Caleb, but I also think of my dear Tobias, oh how I miss him.

I sigh. I squat down to get the ranch dressing, which happened to so conveniently be all the way at the bottom.

I hear someone groan to my left, and everything inside me screams, MATE!

I turn around, only to find Tobias there , his eyes closed and his pearly whites biting his lower lip. Everything in me screams to go to him and hug him, to rub my scent all over him.

His eyes open, and I desperately fight everything in me not to go running to him and kissing him senseless.

His eyes open, and a slight blush covers his cheeks. He looks at me, his eyes holding so many emotions I can barely keep up. He walks over to me, body ready and determined. "Do you know how hard it has been, to be away from you? Do you know how much self control I'm having right now to not make you mine on this damn floor?" His husky voice causes shivers to run up and down my spine. "Do you know how hard it has been to not kiss you, or see your precious body? I can't express how I felt when I turned the corner to get some salad dressing, and I saw that fine ass of yours." All the self control I have vanishes.

I crush my lips onto his.

WHAT'S UP GUYS?

SOME STEAMY ACTION FOR THOSE TWO LOVE BIRDS, AMIRIGHT? I HAD A LOT OF FUN WRITING THIS CHAPTER, ESPECIALLY SINCE I JUST FINISHED READING THE FEVER CODE. GOD I CRIED SO HARD AT THE END,

QOTC: HAVE YOUREAD THE FEVER CODE? IF SO, DID YOU WEEP SO HARD AT THE END THAT YOUR EYES STUNG, OR IS THAT JUST ME?

SORRY I HAEN'T UPDATED GUYS! I'M TRYING TO UPDATE FASTER, BUT I HAD COMPLETE WRITERS BLOCK. I ALREADY KNOW WHAT TO WRITE FOR NEXT CHAPTER, SO THATS REALLY GOOD.

I'M WORKING ON A SEPERATE BOOK, BUT IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH DIVERGENT. WOULD YOU GUYS STILL READ IT? IT HAS MUCH BETTER GRAMMAR AND A MUCH BETTER STORY LINE, AND ITS COMING ALONG REALLY WELL. I'LL POST THE SUMMARY IN ABOUT TWO CHAPTERS OR SO.