28 : Call

Jeongyeon's POV

I still can't get over what happened last night. Everything just seems so sudden. Jimin asking me out, me saying yes, and everything! The pieces of puzzles finally fitted each other.

I decided to sleep a bit more since Jimin and I arrived early in the morning after....things.

My eyes just closed when my phone started ringing. My eyes quickly fluttered open.

"Yeoboseyo?" I answered the cal still in a daze.

"Hello? Jeongyeon?" Hmm. Such a familiar voice.

"Yeri?" I sat up.

"Yeah." She chuckled.

"YERI?! AS IN THE RED VELVET YERI? YERIM? MY HIGHSCHOOL CLASSMATE?" I asked the questions needed to verify the person.

"Eo! Yoo Jeongyeon! The Yeri you sat with when you and Jimin fought in highschool." She laughed through the call. I dropped my phone and stared at it for a while. Is this really happening? I mean, we do see each other in shows, but her company prevents her from interacting with us. Except Nayeon unnie. Tch.

"Hello?" Her voice echoed under the bed sheets. I quickly picked it up and put it in speaker while I tie my hair in a ponytail.

"Yeah? Why'd you call?" I struggled with the elastics. They kept on breaking.

"I'm hosting a reunion! Our whole batch'll be there! Including other members of BTS!!" She squealed but still remained calm right after.

"What?" I failed to listen after borrowing an extra sturdy hair tie from the sleeping Momo.

"I said I am hosting a reunion. And some of the—nevermind. Just bring your boyfriend with you. I can't call everyone. God, I can't believe most of my close friends became celebrities. Such hard work to get your numbers." She complained. I could imagine her getting frustrated right now.

"Who knew you guys have such overprotective managers?" She continued before saying farewell.

"Oh and by the way! Keep my number. I'll text you where and when, after I call the others." She said before hanging up.

-
I guess I'll have to call my... boyfriend.

Ahhh! I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about him.

"Hmm." My finger hovered above the name he set in my phone.
'My not-jamless ChimChim 💘' who told him he wasn't jamless?

I finally clicked call and as soon as I did, he answered.

"Why did you call my little dinosaur?" He chirped.

I mentally scoffed and got straight to the point, still holding up my cool image. "Yeri asked me—I mean us to go to the reunion she's hosting."

"Yeri? Red velvet? The one who sat with you when we got into fights Yeri?" He bombarded me with the obvious questions.

"We only know one Yeri right?" How can I be so dumb to say yes to this mochi? But then again, I am lucky.

"Oh yeah." He chuckled. I could imagine him smiling right now.

"Sure." He said.

"I wasn't asking you. I was only notifying you, cause we would've went whether you like it or not." I can't help myself.

"By the way, I watched a few fancams about us." He changed the topic.

"Fancams?"

"Yeah. It seems they started shipping us since you sang 'spring day' with us." He laughed.

I nodded even though he couldn't see me.

"They also have me cheering you guys when you were performing 'Yes or Yes' on GDAs." He continued.

"Jinjja?" I was actually intrigued with what he was talking about. I never knew people liked us to be together.

"And I had RM hyung translate dome comments for me, and he said some of them commented about how my mood instantly changed on your lines." He said again.

"You're really enjoying this aren't you?" I asked boredly.

"Yeah. And I have more to say, but I'll talk about those when we meet." He explained. They have been busy these days. They're going for a global tour the next day, so I guess they're busy with rehearsals.

"Sure. Bye." I smiled to myself and bid goodbye.

"Geurae nae dino~" he chirped cutely and I ended the call.

-
End of Chapter

A/N : This chapter was shorter than I expected, but it should be fine. Though I think it's a little boring, it's okay. I, Cheongrui will make sure they'll have more interactions the next chapters.