- 52 -

Excuse errors

Excuse errors.

I bob my head to DaBaby's 'Goin Baby' as it plays lowly in the background. Reaching into the fridge, I pull out the two pitchers that are filled with Momma J's infamous Strawberry Rosé sangria. I place them down on the island counter next to the assortment of snacks that consist of different finger food along with a fruit salad that I made. I make my way over to the crockpot to check on my buffalo chicken dip. I grab the spoon to mix it up before placing the top back on.

I reach up to one of the cabinets that held our wine glasses. I swear when Chris picked this house, he had no consideration whatsoever with how high these kitchen cabinets were. It's always a struggle to reach them let alone fetch something from them. I get on my tippy toes to retrieve them but it's still difficult so I climb on top of the counter for a better reach.

"Where you want me to put these?" I hear Sharea ask from behind me. I glance over my shoulder to see her holding up the finger foods and fruit salad.

"On the coffee table in the living room. The cups, napkin and plates should be in a plastic bag next to one of the couches." She nods before dancing away. I gather all of the wine glasses before cautiously getting off of the counter. Once I'm on my feet, I make my way to the living room and place the wine glasses down on the coffee table. Sharea and I start preparing for our get together.

Tonight was our traditional ladies night that we had twice a month. Typically it was held at Melanie's house or we would go out to a bar. I figured I'll have it at our new home tonight. I planned on having a nice relaxing night with my girls with the addition of two new guests that would be joining us.

Knowing two new girls would be introduced to the group brought on an apprehensive feeling for multiple reasons. One being that I knew the guest I was inviting, Melanie wouldn't be too fond of. The second reason is that I wasn't too sure if her new friend would mesh with our group. I really wanted tonight to be enjoyable even if awkward vibes would be in the mix.

"How are they doing?" Sharea glances over at me as she places down the bags of chips.

I sigh heavily, "They're okay, I checked on them not too long ago." My two babies were upstairs in the bed coughing and sneezing away. They both woke up this morning sick with sniffles, hot and cold chills, and sore throats. Both of them exhibiting all signs of illness from the cold they've obtained. I've been taking care of them all day tending to every beck and call. Of course, they were taking advantage of it but they wouldn't be my babies if they didn't.