- 48 -

"I've never seen her this excited about something

"I've never seen her this excited about something..." Amarie says to me while she adjusts herself in my lap. I tighten the hold I had around her waist and pull her closer to me. It was Christmas Eve and the holiday spirit was at an all-time high. Melanie and Tyga had thrown a dinner party and now everyone was trying to digest the aftermath by relaxing. We allowed the kids to open some basic presents which they were currently occupied by.

This was our first holiday season with the both of them and truthfully I haven't been so excited about anything in a long while. Previous holiday seasons were a terrible reminder of what was snatched away seeing as though everything went down around this time period. I used to hate this time of the year because it was a constant reminder of what could have been. However, what could have been is steady in my arms and in my eye shot by the grace of God. My Christmas has already been made.

Everyone was smothering them especially Melanie, Momma and I. I didn't want to let them go and I wanted to be everywhere they were. A little out of fear that they could be ripped away from me again but mainly to make up for lost times. Times that would turn into sacred memories.

"She's genuinely happy." Amarie looks on at Krystal with the biggest smile on her face. "You're making all her dreams come true." She rubs her palm across my cheek as she gives me her full attention. "And mines too."

"This is just the beginning. Wait until tomorrow." I say because tomorrow was when all the big surprises were going to come into play.

"I'm excited but... nervous. I know you and your extra ass." Amarie giggles at the last part. I couldn't help but smile to confirm the accuracy of her statement. "Seeeee, I know you! I already know you've outdone yourself and I'm tryna guess how." She gives me a suspicious look.

"You'll find out tomorrow." A permanent smile now glowing across my face.

"You know I hate the suspense, Christopher. Just tell me!"

"I ain't telling you nothing." I push my face into the crook of her neck kissing her softly.

"Well, it doesn't matter what it is because I already have everything I need right here." I stare at her as I watch her focus on her surroundings. Everyone was enjoying their time in their own ways. "Before she didn't really understand the concept of Christmas... I tried my best to set it up. I would get a small tree, I'd bake cookies, Tina and Junior would sneak in a couple toys before the day was over. I made it as special as possible but nothing compares to this."